Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

"You don't look old enough to have 3 kids.." * Edit for those that think the kids look like me..*another edit -Thank You

Posted by   + Show Post

That is what I was told by two cashier yesterday.

I was buying shoes with my 3 kids (15 years, 11 years and 11 months). My 15 year old was holding my 11 month old and the cashier asked who the baby belonged to. They thought my youngest belong to my oldest.

I told him all three of my kids were mine. They seemed shocked. Now obviously I am old enough to have 3 kids cause I have 3 kids. And I can accept the fact that they thought I looked young, but I thought that was just an odd statement...

Anyway this is me (I am 36):

and here are my kids..

I think I look old enough to be their mommy...what do you think?

I do appreciate looking younger and I always say thank you. I don't mind being told I look younger. I just never heard I looked to young to have 3 kids....It is usually that I look to young to have a 15 year old

*EDIT...for those that think the kids look like me...this is m DH ( I think the look more like him)

Thank you all for the compliments :-)

I don't mind looking younger (even though I don't think I really look that young. I would say mayber early 30s, but I really do think I look 36.)

I wasn't upset or anything by what the cashiers. I took it as a compliment I just thought it was weird to say I didn't look old enough to have 3 kids...I know people younger then me with more kids :-)

And yeah my DH is pretty hot too (for those of you that thought he was) ;-)

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Replies (571-580):
Vertical15
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Either way I think you have a beautiful family.

jandemomfl
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Just wait until they grow older and your oldest become a sibling instead of a child... i get that with my son every once in awhile. 

Aishamusty
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Wow am so so happy for you, you still look younger and great 

MomOf2AndAZoo
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:56 PM

You have a beautiful family, and you do look a bit too young to have a 15 year old lol. But that's a good thing :)

Pandora167
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:01 PM

You do look a LOT younger than you are. It doesn't surprise me that they would make a comment like that. I think I would have been more upset that they thought the baby was your oldest daughters....

Uniquecoolio
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:02 PM
beautiful family! blessings.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
newmommy21812
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:54 PM

I think you're old enough for a 15 year old. I'm 19 and my mom is 38 and she had me and my brother by the time she was 19 almost 20. And you were 21 when you had your 1st. So deffinately not too young for 3 kids. Plus who cares, your kids love you, you DH loves you and you love yourself so you're all good

GUTTADABOSSLADI
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Nice Family!! Yea yall look young! LOL

ButterflyMom194
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:03 PM
YOU HAVE BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN!!! And a gorgeous family!!!!!!!!!!
IrelandRose_Mc
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:46 PM
They are adorable and look just like you. You really don't look your age so yes take that as a compliment. I always looked younger than I am until an illness has wrecked havoc on my face and now not so much on looking young. Have fun with those beautiful babies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN