Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

contracting cma and nursing jobs?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:56 AM
  • 5 Replies

my dh's friend recently told us something that sounded too good to be true

he was saying that a company contracts you for about two years and they will pay to move you and your family and also provide you with a home and all you got to pay is food and stuff like that

i have never heard about anything like this. is this a scam or is it legit?

(i really dont have any more information besides this at this time)

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Crazylovingfam
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I have heard of them for nurses but I would never do it. From what I hear it is mainly places nobody wants to live and the housing is small and almost unlivable
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:04 AM

dh heard him and was practically salivating. and it is still moving away from family which i am against totally. the kids are uber close to their grandparents. he knows all this. i told him i would look into it but i am not making any promises

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

I have heard of them for nurses but I would never do it. From what I hear it is mainly places nobody wants to live and the housing is small and almost unlivable

connie45
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:12 AM
This is a job he wants YOU to take?

He is sounding a little desperate to get out your town/state. People do not make good decisions in that mindset.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:13 AM

lol dont worry i am not stressing over it too much

it sounds great but i am not so sure over it. he gets an idea in his head and the next day or so its gone

Quoting connie45:

This is a job he wants YOU to take?

He is sounding a little desperate to get out your town/state. People do not make good decisions in that mindset.

o0gone0o
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:34 AM

They have all sort of jobs like that out there all over the country you just have to be willing to move to a high needs area could be anywhere in the country or US territories including Puerto Rico.  Places like Philly, Inner City LA, NYC, so forth.   

There are even scholarship programs that will pay for your RN degree and pay you while you are in school under the condition that for 2 yrs you go and work in a high needs area.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)