Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Influenza b,tamiflu, and I'm 13 wks 3 days pregnant

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:07 AM
  • 13 Replies

So I woke up so sick yesterday morning that I couldn't move. I was achy and cold and so I went to the hospital... I diagnosed sp? With influenza b...they said that's the worst you can have while you're pregnant... The er doc called my ob/gyn who told him to put me on tamiflu....I'm scared for my baby...I go to the doc tomorrow...I need prayers please ladies...they found the heart rate at 160... I was told after my son I'd never get pregnant again...I don't think god would let me get pregnant and then I would loose it this way...I believe the baby will be fine...but has anyone experienced this or know anyone who has. And their LO is ok?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I was sick with the flu when I was pregnant.  I did not take tamiflu because there are tons of lawsuits about it right now, as it does not work.  I stuck to tylenol, something that does work and took it easy.  I was miserable but thats just a part of being pregnant IMO.  You cant take the good drugs for colds, the flu or headaches.  Oh well. 

Johns_Mommy_03
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I took one dose of tamiflu and feel a lot better... My ob is the one that told the er doc I need to be on it...I trust my ob...but still worried for my baby

NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Quoting Johns_Mommy_03:

I took one dose of tamiflu and feel a lot better... My ob is the one that told the er doc I need to be on it...I trust my ob...but still worried for my baby

The suits have shown that people would have felt better anyway.  It wasnt the tamiflu that did anything.  You just took chemicals for nothing.  Look it up.

Plus-size-mommy
by StarBaby on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I never completely trust what my OB says without doing my own research as well. Tamiflu is listed as a Category C drug during pregnancy, that reason in itself would be reason enough for many pregnant women to refuse it. I hope everything turns out okay and that you feel better soon.

http://www.drugs.com/pregnancy/oseltamivir.html

Johns_Mommy_03
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I have talked to other moms that have been prescribed it and their obs said it was fine

It see the ob tomorrow ...I just hope all is well

AmiJanell
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I had influenza last year when I was 10 weeks pregnant... it was AWFUL! I have never felt so terrible in my life... body aches, high fevers, cough, nausea.... ugh!  My whole family had it....

But our baby was fine... I was really worried, but everything turned out fine.

Johns_Mommy_03
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Quoting AmiJanell:

I had influenza last year when I was 10 weeks pregnant... it was AWFUL! I have never felt so terrible in my life... body aches, high fevers, cough, nausea.... ugh!  My whole family had it....

Were you on tamiflu at all? I see my doc tomorrow plus I trust him he saved my sons life when I was pregnant with him..he's the top ob here where I am...

Johns_Mommy_03
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Quoting AmiJanell:

Mom2Phoenix2011
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:50 PM
My pharmacy called the ER doctor when I was diagnosed with influenza b in Feb 2011. He made the ER doctor change the prescription because I was 12 weeks prego and while tamiflu is the best for non prego people it has been known to cause miscarriages. Taking med just because a Dr says to is not always in your best interest.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmiJanell
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Quoting Johns_Mommy_03:

Quoting AmiJanell:

Were you on tamiflu at all? I see my doc tomorrow plus I trust him he saved my sons life when I was pregnant with him..he's the top ob here where I am...

I wasn't on Tamiflu, by the time I went in to see the doctor about it it was too late in the game... but had they offered I would have taken it... when it comes to meds, I always trust that my OB knows what they are talking about (now if it were a general doc, I wouldn't... I'd be calling my OB to get a second opinion)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)