Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Using a dining buffet as.....

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:08 PM
  • 22 Replies

A T.V console. Would you? My DH thinks my friends will make fun of us if I do. My DH has a huge reciever box that he doesn't want the kids playing with. I get that, it was a lot, I don't want them playing with it either. I have been looking for a new entertainment center for 6 months and haven't found one that the reciever fit into that we can also lock. There are wall unit ones that it can go on top of, like we have now, but I hate how it looks. I happened across this dining buffet, and it's huge so the reciever will fit in there easily and we can lock the middle cabinet where it will go. I have until 6pm to decide because the sale ends today at 6pm and I have a coupon I can use on top of the same.

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColieO
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:09 PM
It looks like an entertainment center to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I totally would use that as a tv stand if it keeps things protected.  We downgraded from a huge entertainment center to a simple bookcase thing for our living room.

PlaysAllDay
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:11 PM

It does to me too, except that the height of it gives that it isn't. It's 40in high. Most of the sidetable style t.v stands we have seen are less than 25.

a06z08mama
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:12 PM
I would use it for that! I mean heck. Look at the other storage space you have with it! I'd go for it if I was you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugareemommee
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:12 PM
I think height wise is fine but I would be a little nervous with all that glass, my kids are young.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Gorilla_Mama
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:12 PM
We're using something similar to that for our tv. Ours doesn't have glass but its functional and looks good in our living room. We don't have a good spot for a traditional entertainment center that could fit our tv
connie45
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM
It looks great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PlaysAllDay
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Mine are too. We have glass doors on our current one, they leave those alone. The drawers that were under them are broken from my DS climbing. He's a climber. Another reason I like the height. He couldn't climb up on it aa easily and there would be nothing up there fir him to reach., Our tv well be bolted to the wall above it.

Quoting sugareemommee:

I think height wise is fine but I would be a little nervous with all that glass, my kids are young.

TonyaO
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:41 PM
I would totally use it! It's beautiful!! I love using furniture for unexpected uses. My dd's changing table is an antique buffet style table and it will soon be move to out living room to be used as an entertainment stand below the flat screen
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megan11587
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Mine is on a sofa table. I like it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)