Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why have kids if your gonna allow daycare and school to raise them and teach them things you don't beleive in?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am making this post for multiple reasons. 

Mostly because I made a separate post in 2 other groups.. about parents allowing themselves off the hook when it comes to taking responsibility for their children.. 

And this was the reply of one of the ladies.

Many if not most children are raised in split homes where you possibly have a mixed set of values being taught depending on the parents and the directions they are moving in.

Some children spend from 8 am till 5 30 pm in school including the after school programs that are so common today.  Given that many parents work full time it is necessary that this occur.  So they are  home from 5:30 till 9 which is bed time.  These kids are not being influenced primarily by their parents.

My dd was in the highschool band and spent from 7 am to noon in the care of the band leader for 4 yrs.  He had a tremendous impact on her that was for the most part positive.

It is unrealistic to think that all children will primarily be influenced by  their parents in this society. Core values perhaps but not likes, dislikes or even direction IMO.

I know what she is saying is true for the majority of american children.. Their parents AREN'T there.. Aren't shaping them..

SO... 

Why bother going through the expense, struggle and frustrations of having children if your not the ones who will be the person of most importance in their lives?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Replies (101-104):
LILTIGERS
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:27 AM
I just think this world has *too many things*..its all about material things..not about family,spending quality time each other..its about bigger house,bigger cars,more stuff,better phones etc.... vacations aren't the same..I loved just going to the beach and hanging out with family..or going camping on the weekends..yes we did go to disneyworld few times but it was simple things I loved the most
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LILTIGERS
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:28 AM
So a lot of these parents are working long hours to provide things that we thinkg we need but really don't need that nice of something
Sarah993
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:49 AM
All I have to say is ask my 6 year old who raises her. My daughter already shows are family values around her friends and had the integrity to show them. We don't watch Spongebob for example and she will let her friends know she can't. She thinks about what we would want her to do when she is with friends, at school and at daycare. Everyday I see my parenting in her.
Because of my parenting she has made leaps and bounds of improvement at school. Her teacher made a point of saying at conferences that it is very visible that DH and I are very involved with her. I know that we raise our children and not school or daycare.
I don't need to spend every waking moment with my children for them to turn into intelligent, independent members of society. What I do need to ne is a loving and involved parent.
EsmeVincent
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Urm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN