Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Last may my 6 then 5 yr old was informerly diagnosed with adhd and after alot of thinking we decided to put him on medicine. he takes 5mg focalin xr. everything was good up until a few months ago. he is gotten more agressive,doesnt want his brother to make any noise what so ever and screams at him if he does,throws things,hits,whinier,crys about everything. i have an appointment set up for an eeg and physcometeic testing feb.25th but im not sure i.can wait that long
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Replies (31-40):
emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:57 PM

this woman sounds very familiar

does your husband own a custom car shop?

supermom0609
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:18 PM
No

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

this woman sounds very familiar

does your husband own a custom car shop?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HousewifeNina
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Try the Feingold diet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dmralph
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Any pediatrician can check the blood levels on him, to see what out of wacky. He can also advise what to do in this situation. Try to separate the children while doing other task in a safe way of course. Also, explain to you disruptive son that there are consequences to such actions. For mom, Take a deep breath in and out before you enforce you duties that can cause you to blow a gasket when you feel like your losing control. It clears the mind n body. If you need a relief day, call a friend for a moms day/night off assistance for the both of you.

babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:45 PM
I don't understand how your doctor can your child an informal diagnosis and prescribe medication right away and your okay with that! In the very least after the informal diagnosis I would hope that you would take the time and care enough to get a formal diagnosis and treatment plan. How much thinking or research have you done to decide medication was your first treatment option my guess is very little!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dmralph
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Yes diet and excercise works with kids who has addhd. But time mangement is also good and productive with this little boy. Ive had two boys with a diagonsies the same and it does get better in time. Speaking with the special needs teachers and great dvisors in helping out. One of my sons is an adult now, he has served in iraq three times and he is a dectective, so al the pain and frustration and time spent with this child is well worth it. I totally understand what you are going thru.

PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Aggression IS a side effect of focalin.  It also causes moodiness, anxiety, tacycardia.  

sampson200
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:04 PM

It can take years for doctors and patients to find the correct type of medication and dosage.

While a diagnosis has the same name, people and their brains are all very different.

Also, what are you feeding him? People can be highly sensitive to the chemicals, etc that are in multiple types of foods today and it can be very touchy towards your son.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Finding the right medication and dosage can take awhile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermom0609
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:06 PM
I had to do something. he was out of control and getting in trouble every single day at school

Quoting babyspots17:

I don't understand how your doctor can your child an informal diagnosis and prescribe medication right away and your okay with that! In the very least after the informal diagnosis I would hope that you would take the time and care enough to get a formal diagnosis and treatment plan. How much thinking or research have you done to decide medication was your first treatment option my guess is very little!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)