Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Last may my 6 then 5 yr old was informerly diagnosed with adhd and after alot of thinking we decided to put him on medicine. he takes 5mg focalin xr. everything was good up until a few months ago. he is gotten more agressive,doesnt want his brother to make any noise what so ever and screams at him if he does,throws things,hits,whinier,crys about everything. i have an appointment set up for an eeg and physcometeic testing feb.25th but im not sure i.can wait that long
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Replies (51-57):
crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Is he getting any type of therapy? (OT, social, behavioral)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nickie76
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Cripe when I was a kid my pedi told my mom 2 give me 2 oz's of coffee if I was truly hyper it would balance me out... IT WORKED. NOW I use green tea and LOTS of excersise I have been med free my whole life and I'm BAD!!! Lol ADHD med's are no good for tiny livers and kidneys :(

Quoting frndlyfn:

How can he be put on medication if he is inFORMALly diagnosed with something?   What are your discipline methods set in place?  I would get an official diagnosis and from there see if there is a group in your area that supports parents with children who have adhd so you can gain some other perspectives on what discipline works best.  Have you tried the caffeine treatment with him at all?   He could have sensory issues as well.

supermom0609
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Not at the moment

Quoting crwspringer:

Is he getting any type of therapy? (OT, social, behavioral)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermom0609
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Lol sadly we dont even drink.coffee nor have a coffee maker even but i might have to try coffee and see if it works

Quoting Nickie76:

Cripe when I was a kid my pedi told my mom 2 give me 2 oz's of coffee if I was truly hyper it would balance me out... IT WORKED. NOW I use green tea and LOTS of excersise I have been med free my whole life and I'm BAD!!! Lol ADHD med's are no good for tiny livers and kidneys :(

Quoting frndlyfn:

How can he be put on medication if he is inFORMALly diagnosed with something?   What are your discipline methods set in place?  I would get an official diagnosis and from there see if there is a group in your area that supports parents with children who have adhd so you can gain some other perspectives on what discipline works best.  Have you tried the caffeine treatment with him at all?   He could have sensory issues as well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shygrl3cccm
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Woah the medication is your problem.

I will never understand how parents can think medication is ever an option for a child so young.

I agree that his diet needs to be watched, more water, more activities..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nickie76
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Straight cola works 2...

Quoting supermom0609:

Lol sadly we dont even drink.coffee nor have a coffee maker even but i might have to try coffee and see if it works

Quoting Nickie76:

Quoting frndlyfn:

momma2mms
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Focalin is the devil!! My dd was on it for a short time. It was terrible. She is now 8 and not medicated. Everything is great. Stay away from re and blue dyes. watch his food intake. :) good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)