Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What would you think?? Need advice ASAP UPDATE #2

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:27 PM
  • 36 Replies

After almost 2 months of my EX not seeing his kids he is here spending time with them today. The kids are happy to spend time with daddy. I was feeding the kids lunch after the were settled down eating I walked in to my bedroom to grab my phone. My EX followed me and handed me a peice of paper and told me to keep it in a safe place. When I asked what it was he said its my SSN number and the phone number to life insurance. He said if anything happens I need to call that number within 90 days. I asked if he was planning on doing something and he said he's not planning anything right now but the thought has crossed his mind. I'm freaking out and not sure what to think or do. I've always been there for him through everything and I would like to continue our friendship but now I'm freaking out thinking he is planning on doing something. What would you think?? What would you do?? Please help

UPDAT: Last night around 10:30pm I sent my EX a text to make sure he was ok he replied to my text and said I'm fine you don't have to worry about me. I replied back that he could have fooled me that he didn't seem fine when he was here today and he never replied. I sent him a text this morning around 10:30am to see how he was doing and he hasn't replied yet. I figured it was to early and maybe he was still sleeping so I let it go. At 12:02 I sent him a text from my sons phone and he hasn't replied to that either its not like him to not respond to his son. It is possible that he stayed up really late last night and is still sleeping but after him giving me his life insurance info I'm kinda freaked out. Its now 12:45 here and he still hasn't responded to any text. If I call the police to do a well check is there away they can get in to his apartment if he doesn't answer?? I'm almost tempted to drive over there my self but I'm afraid of what I might find. Any advice please

UPDATE #2: I had my son call his father to see if he would answer the phone and he didnt. So just as i was getting ready to call the sherrifs office to do a well check he called my phone but i ignored it cause now i'm pissed because i have been a ball of emotions and he couldnt be bothered to send me a text to let me know he as ok. As i am updating i just received a text from him that said U need to stop i'm fine, cant even nap without u freaking out. I think after the way he was acting last night i have the right to freak out when it comes to my kids not having a father. So he is fine i'm over it and really pissed right now. But whatever if he is going to really do it then i guess i cant stop him. Time to close this chapter of my life and try to be a good mom to my kids and give them a bright future.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I wouldn't do anything. He says the thought has crossed his mind. I wonder if he is doing this to hurt you or  what?

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:30 PM

You know him better than us, have you ever had to worry about this before? Does he seem depressed?

Being that you have children together, this is information that you should have anyway.

hoping4onemore
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

You need to get him help ASAP call his family, have him admitted. THis is a cry for help and you have the opportunity to act. He may be mad and upset at first by he will be alive. You need to act!

chalisa0
by Kim on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:33 PM
2 moms liked this

I would call his mom and pass it off to her (assuming you have no relationship with the ex.)  You could try to convince him to get mental help, but he has to be willing to do it.

StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Call the police and ask them to please do a check. And they will.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:37 PM

You know him, has he been acting like it's something he might do or is anything amiss? Sounds to me like he's trying to get attention or get your sympathy or something like that. Most people who are really serious about killing themselves don't tell people they're going to do it. You should have the information regardless.

BewitchedKisses
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:43 PM
2 moms liked this

I would remind him that life insurance will not pay out of someone commits suicide.

nickysmom71
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Girl from everything I have read, your life is full of drama and nonsense.  I have no advice for you other than good luck. 

jenking04
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:46 PM
3 years ago after drinking and smoking pot I got a call from him telling me he was admitted in to west hills (a mental hospital) he said he drove him self to the hospital and checked him self in and I went down and got him out. He said he was having suicidal thoughts that's why he went to the hospital. I know what he's capable of. He is also a cutter. But I don't think he was cutting when we were together. He also has borderline personality disorder and suffers from frequent depression hence why he broke up with me this last time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Life insurance policies don't pay out when it's suicide, so if that's what he's thinking, he needs a different plan.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)