Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

9 THINGS YOU NEED TO STOP SHARING ON FACEBOOK

9 YOUR WORKOUT

• Facebook is everywhere, and we use it to keep all the people we kinda don't want to talk to on a regular basis informed about our lives. Unfortunately, it's also a great way to overshare. Here are 9 things you do that you need to stop, right now.

Photo credit: Thos003, Flickr -Dan Seitz

Having problems viewing this? Click here to view this slideshow as one page.
  • Workout

We hate to break this to you, but nobody cares how far you ran, how much weight you lifted, or how strong your abs are, and it's especially annoying when you have some app automatically update it, so basically you're automatically gloating. The only time you should be gloating about your body on Facebook is if you've either broken some form of world record, or nailed Kate Upton
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Replies (11-19):
CplusG
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SavdNSanctified
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh no...memes are appreciated :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

i am a foodie and i love seeing what other people make!  you can get some really good ideas :)

plus i would rather see a food pic than a drunk duck lips at the bar over the head pic.....lol

Quoting Kmary:

YES YES YES, OP.  Was just talking about this with my dh today.  Sure, people can post whatever they like.  Free speech and all that and I don't have to read anything, but still....

The food one is my biggest pet peeve.  Maybe if you made something particularly difficult or had a meal that was really out of this world, but otherwise I don't need a post or photo about your chicken noodle soup.  I get it.  You eat.  Daily. 

LOL

Kmary
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Yes, that's my one exception to this list, too :-)

Quoting SavdNSanctified:

Oh no...memes are appreciated :-)

Kmary
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:28 PM

But that's kind of what I  mean by if the person made something great from scratch or had a really fantastic meal.  But I have a FB friend who literally will put a photo of his McDonald's bag on there...regularly.  Or like a ham sandwich.  It's so weird...

Quoting tansyflower:

i am a foodie and i love seeing what other people make!  you can get some really good ideas :)

plus i would rather see a food pic than a drunk duck lips at the bar over the head pic.....lol

Quoting Kmary:

YES YES YES, OP.  Was just talking about this with my dh today.  Sure, people can post whatever they like.  Free speech and all that and I don't have to read anything, but still....

The food one is my biggest pet peeve.  Maybe if you made something particularly difficult or had a meal that was really out of this world, but otherwise I don't need a post or photo about your chicken noodle soup.  I get it.  You eat.  Daily. 

LOL

tansyflower
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:30 PM

maybe he is lonely.  or is getting paid to advertise?  idk that is weird.  regardless i still cant stand duck lips!

Quoting Kmary:

But that's kind of what I  mean by if the person made something great from scratch or had a really fantastic meal.  But I have a FB friend who literally will put a photo of his McDonald's bag on there...regularly.  Or like a ham sandwich.  It's so weird...

Quoting tansyflower:

Quoting Kmary:

LOL

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Most of those don't bother me.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

TSNDDY
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:35 PM
#3!!! Yes!! I hate that!!!
My neighbour does that, and the next day over coffee is bitching about how terrible her marriage is!

Quoting maciymommieof3:

3 LENGTHY MESSAGES OF LOVE TO YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER

2 MEMES

1 LENGTHY POLITICAL ARGUMENTS

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DOMTITI
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:24 PM
This is funny.. My take is this.. If you don't like the contents of a person's status... Remove yourself;) I think people take FB to serious. I use it strictly for entertainment purpose(I find it hilarious the personal info people put up), I don't have any strangers on my page, only friends and family, so I share info that they want to read, I actually use it for its purpose.. TO RECONNECT AND SHARE WITH FRIENDS/FAMILY;) FB is not a journal or diary and it also doesn't lock anyone to someone's page! Lol I post workout stuff ALL the time;) Gloating? Not..if it bothers anyone so much, they can LEAVE my page and GO WORKOUT! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)