Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Vent needed!

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:24 PM
  • 7 Replies
Why do kids laugh and enjoy making a mess but when it comes to cleaning it up they have a fit and state they didn't make it and blame others for it. Sometimes I love how they act when they think I won't do it and I do do it. My son knows me too well that if he don't clean it up I will throw it in the trash. My foster child thinks that I won't so it because she is in state care. Guess what u are under my roof and what I say goes. U made the mess with my son u help clean it up. I love how she refuses and thinks I won't do anything. Well she seen me go into her room and took one of her gifts she likes so much. I told her she can get it back when she decides to finish her tantrum and help my son pick up the mess she help with in the first place. I love how she continues to argue. I also love how she thinks bringing her parents into all conversations. Like a few minutes ago she said my mom would clean it up an tells me I don't have to worry about it. Well dear is she here right now with u. She says no but I will tell her. This is my and my families house and my son knows the rules. U make the mess u clean it up. If u help make it with whoever then u and whoever cleans it up. By the way my foster child's parents are in jail and have been for a few months. They chose drugs over their kids. They keep saying I'm sorry and I'm getting help and guess what there back at square one again. Sorry had to vent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
VonMarieD
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

It's okay! Bottom line...U make the mess, U clean it up! Teach them early! When she gets older she will understand that her parents failed as parents...so to speak...and U were the one who cared enough to take her in. 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Yup almost all humans enjoy making a mess versus cleaning it up.  It is our jobs as the guardians/parents/adults to teach them that we can have fun making messes but then  need to help clean it up afterwards.   My house rules fit everyone who come into the house and i have let other parents know for dd's friends.  I am sure for the foster child alot of it is testing you to see if you will "throw"her away as well when she isnt behaving properly.

mommykc
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:27 AM
Oh ya she does alot of testing us. But I have noticed lately anytime she sees any family member she does this right after their visit. She will even tell us not to talk to her. We try to talk to her but then she gets into this crying, screaming tantrum moods. She just seen her two aunts and uncle and her cousin this past weekend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gsmom9
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:24 AM

sending hugshuggingi bought a punching bag to take out my aggressions. ds is all happy, thinking i got it for him. fuuuny.the boys come over and have a blast punching and wrestling with it. awesome investment

mommykc
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM
I will look into that. Thanks.

Quoting gsmom9:

sending hugshuggingi bought a punching bag to take out my aggressions. ds is all happy, thinking i got it for him. fuuuny.the boys come over and have a blast punching and wrestling with it. awesome investment

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tammylynn36
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Sounds to me like she is just missing her family! It has to be very hard on her!

Quoting mommykc:

Oh ya she does alot of testing us. But I have noticed lately anytime she sees any family member she does this right after their visit. She will even tell us not to talk to her. We try to talk to her but then she gets into this crying, screaming tantrum moods. She just seen her two aunts and uncle and her cousin this past weekend.

alyceabella
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:02 AM

How old is your foster child? I understand your frustration but can you imagine what this child is dealing with?!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)