Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

smart moves with your tax refund

Posted by   + Show Post

tax season is right around the corner, and for those of us who are getting a return, anticipating spending is a must! I was wondering what some of you will be doing with your chunk of change to get some fresh ideas for myself....ya know, besides splurging on a new car, clothes etc. I'm over all of that and can wait for those things when I am able to afford them. Right now, I'm trying to move my family and myself forward, not stay stuck in the present!

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Replies (131-140):
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Ours pays our property tax not much left over:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Deal lol

Quoting QueenBee107:

i am spending mine on ducktape for my kids. tell you what we can do if you share your rope I will share my ducktape. 

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Savings. Medical bills. Rope to tie up my 5 year old...the usual.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prdmomnarmywife
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Paying off debt , washer & dryer & getting a sec car with 4 doors . 2 doors with an infant & 5 year old just doesn't work .. Of anything is left ( hopefully ) paying for me to go to college .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
milmil06
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Our plan right now is To have a back deck built!!!!!
GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:42 PM

We'll be spending most of it on debt (at least that's the plan and I'm planning on making my hubby stick to it). But we will also be getting an infant carseat with it for the baby before he's born. We'll have everything else by then and I'm hoping to have the carseat as well but am planning on getting it with the return anyways just in case I wasn't able to get it. :-)

twolilgirls712
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:55 PM
We plan on getting new tires on our cars and renewing our tags. Plus I have a couple tickets I need to pay. Then pay off our furniture.
Dorra
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Paying the car and house insurance upfront. Paying the lights upfront. Signing the girls up for sports. Getting a new motor for the truck. Mini vacation. Go out to eat at least twice at a nice restaurant.
Save the rest.
cguffey
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Paying off my truck, our sons braces and his trip to New York. The rest will go towards bills and stocking our freezer and pantry for a few months. Anything left will go to savings. with paying off those bills it saves us over 700 a month so hopefully we can start saving some money.

prettygirl326
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:15 AM

a car, pay off bills or credit their accounts. maybe an tablet, clothes, baby's bedroom set or one for our toddler...or it maybe just that we will buy a car and move.

ihave1
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:35 AM

We will probably pay off some bills.  That is if we get any money back.  Usually we owe.  I guess that is what happens when you own your own business.  Last year tho we got back money & I think it was because we have a child now, so we shall see. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)