Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

smart moves with your tax refund

Posted by   + Show Post

tax season is right around the corner, and for those of us who are getting a return, anticipating spending is a must! I was wondering what some of you will be doing with your chunk of change to get some fresh ideas for myself....ya know, besides splurging on a new car, clothes etc. I'm over all of that and can wait for those things when I am able to afford them. Right now, I'm trying to move my family and myself forward, not stay stuck in the present!

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Replies (141-150):
3boysmommaNY
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:47 AM

We are putting money into bills, getting my braces off, and then we do a big shop for the kids for clothes, shoes, and stuff for the house. 

jcm28
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:50 AM
This year we are paying our car loan off for a year. Then paying bills .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
treeswallow
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:52 AM

we got a bit less of a refund in our return last year and anticipate a measly refund this year. Also, we ended up owing and paying Uncle Sam money, so that took a chunk of the refund we got back last year...So until we actually do the taxes and see how much we will be getting, and how much, if any, we owe, we are not making too many plans for what to do with the refund remainder. Hopefully though it will be enough to put a good chunk towards student loan debt, or the husband's credit card, or maybe to buy a few things that the house needs...We shall see what happens... 

JenieceMojica
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Hubby has a few medical bills to pay off and the rest we will use to move and save the rest
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelicembrace
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Hoping we get enough back. A car because we no longer have one, and moving to my hometown which has more oppurtunities and support. :)

skw68iou11980
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:34 AM

this year I am putting it into my truck I just got, then refinancing it which will bring my payment down.

My usual plan is to put some into my student loan, pay a few bills ahead of time, the rest is a three month emergency fund.

starlighthippie
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:52 AM

We will be buying a car because we do not have one right now.We are both non-working students right now and will be getting refunds of some of our pell grant money and some student loans too though, so I plan on opening a mutual fund and paying our rent through September too.

Aslen
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Pay for a year's rent so I can finally move back out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nickysmom71
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I am going to owe...my son is going to be 21 (can no longer claim him after 19) and I make more than the EIC...so no tax benefits for me.

Momof3smoochies
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Savings
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)