Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

smart moves with your tax refund

Posted by   + Show Post

tax season is right around the corner, and for those of us who are getting a return, anticipating spending is a must! I was wondering what some of you will be doing with your chunk of change to get some fresh ideas for myself....ya know, besides splurging on a new car, clothes etc. I'm over all of that and can wait for those things when I am able to afford them. Right now, I'm trying to move my family and myself forward, not stay stuck in the present!

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Replies (181-190):
kilauea
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:14 AM

I am getting a adoption credit this year for 13 thousand and I have to pay our health insurance that sky rocketed 4 times the amount that it was in 2010. OUCH! Thank God we have a beautiful child though that we are grateful for. I feel guilty having to use her adoption credit for our health insurance. I am guilt ridden.I'd rather spend it on her special needs, as she has many that the credit could be used for.

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:36 PM

I dont think we will be getting a refund, but last year we started a business with our tax refund!

Xstitchinmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:09 PM
We went to Disney World last year on our tax refund...best vacation EVER!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
krise
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Bills baby, bills.

jani1231
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:57 PM

i want a newer car. My car is a 96 and i am tired of putting so much money into it. Also, would like to go on a cruise with my hubby. 

Gorilla_Mama
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Going to pay off as much of our car as we can. Hoping it'll be enough to cover the whole thing but not sure.
GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Using some on debts, buying a carseat, we may get a used car (reliable but really inexpensive due to it being sold by a friend plus we're at an overseas military base and people sell their cars for cheap since we don't pcs with them). Mostly I'm hoping we get enough back that we have enough left over to fly my mom out here for the birth of this baby. If we can't then no one in either of our families will meet him until he's probably at least 6 months old if not older.

Kitschy
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Sending it to my mortgage company

critter_boo
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Stocking pantry,fridge,household items,new living room chair, saving
critter_boo
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Have you looked into children's special health care in your state it is I surance for special needs kids ran by the state but not the same as medicaid or low income insurance

Quoting kilauea:

I am getting a adoption credit this year for 13 thousand and I have to pay our health insurance that sky rocketed 4 times the amount that it was in 2010. OUCH! Thank God we have a beautiful child though that we are grateful for. I feel guilty having to use her adoption credit for our health insurance. I am guilt ridden.I'd rather spend it on her special needs, as she has many that the credit could be used for.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN