Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

smart moves with your tax refund

Posted by   + Show Post

tax season is right around the corner, and for those of us who are getting a return, anticipating spending is a must! I was wondering what some of you will be doing with your chunk of change to get some fresh ideas for myself....ya know, besides splurging on a new car, clothes etc. I'm over all of that and can wait for those things when I am able to afford them. Right now, I'm trying to move my family and myself forward, not stay stuck in the present!

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Replies (201-210):
mistie900
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:54 PM

We will be saving most of it. I would like to pay off some of my car but it depends on how much we get. We are planning on moving into a bigger house and will need the money for deposits and the like.

KatherineM
by Katherine on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:04 PM
All of ours is going into savings.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
addyangel
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:16 PM
We are paying off 3 credit cards and if we have any left we will pay off the last $800 in medical bills. We would like to spend it on stuff we don't need, but we are almost done paying off our debt management program and we are ready to be debt free.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ultra_
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:19 PM

We're taking out the living room and master room's carpet and putting in wood laminate. Hoping to make improvements to maybe try and sell it in the next year. We a;so have a bill to catch up on and then I'd like to get braces. :)

Arwyn724
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:54 PM

That's what I'm talking about.  Now you make me wish I was getting $$$ back.

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

If we get a refund which I don't think we will, I'm putting it towards a boob lift and tummy tuck.

AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Lol. It's a long term investment in myself!

Quoting Arwyn724:

Taht's what I'm talking about.  Now you make me wish I was getting $$$ back.

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

If we get a refund which I don't think we will, I'm putting it towards a boob lift and tummy tuck.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Arwyn724
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Haha, I do not see a 'long term' in my future.  It'd be wasted money on me, but 30 years ago, heck yeah.

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Lol. It's a long term investment in myself!

Quoting Arwyn724:

That's what I'm talking about.  Now you make me wish I was getting $$$ back.

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

reche1978
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:30 PM

were going to the beach and im setting aside my dd preschool tuition

AlohaTink
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:39 PM
This. Except for the down payment. We can't afford a house right now. But paying down our credit card, new couch and chair and a dining room set. And new tires on my car plus an oil change and tire rotation on dhs car. Restocking ds's school supplies at school. Savings and a trip to Atlanta.

Quoting MrsRobinson06:

Paying off our only debt, putting a down payment on a house, and car repairs. That's our plan.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:39 PM
saving it for our PCS this summer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)