Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

smart moves with your tax refund

Posted by   + Show Post

tax season is right around the corner, and for those of us who are getting a return, anticipating spending is a must! I was wondering what some of you will be doing with your chunk of change to get some fresh ideas for myself....ya know, besides splurging on a new car, clothes etc. I'm over all of that and can wait for those things when I am able to afford them. Right now, I'm trying to move my family and myself forward, not stay stuck in the present!

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Replies (211-220):
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:40 PM

We will be paying back our parents (they paid for the move from TX to NY so I could be with our families while DH deployed), and the rest will go towards paying off our car.

Doc.Mc.Lissa
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:16 PM

We're paying off the remaining balance on DH's car and the rest will be put onto another bill. We want to buy a house in 2014 so we are doing what we can this year to pay off all the debt we can.

autiemama516
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:43 PM

We are in desperate need of home repairs. We bought our house 3 years ago and I still have shag wtw carpet in the living room and linoleun in the kitchen. New floors for me!

fstysxofthebtt
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Savings account, all of it.

ilovemyboys84
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:53 PM

i am hoping we get approved for a 1st time home owners loan...if so it will be going towards a house. if not 75% of it will be going to my friends house so they dont foreclose on it.

supermom985
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Paying my mom back what I owe her , paying back property taxes that my ex stole and the rest is going into savings . After I pay the back property tax I will get a big return from them and I will buy a new sofa and table .

mommytam
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Paying bills off and get a few things for ourselves. Then what's left try to save as long as possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
legobaby
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:12 PM
College funds
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids323
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:17 PM

paying off debt. no fun stuff this year.

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Savings. It continues to pad out savings.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)