Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

smart moves with your tax refund

Posted by   + Show Post

tax season is right around the corner, and for those of us who are getting a return, anticipating spending is a must! I was wondering what some of you will be doing with your chunk of change to get some fresh ideas for myself....ya know, besides splurging on a new car, clothes etc. I'm over all of that and can wait for those things when I am able to afford them. Right now, I'm trying to move my family and myself forward, not stay stuck in the present!

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Replies (51-60):
MommaGreenhalge
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:49 PM
A medical bill that's been hanging over our heads, car insurance, and a year's worth of student loan payments. Hoping to put some back for when the next kid outgrows acarseat, too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bluetick
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:53 PM
We don't really have any debt house and cars are paid for. We will more than likely put most of it up for savings and buy some new clothes and maybe a few new pieces of furniture or maybe a bigger tv idk????
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tiarra7022
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:59 PM

We are paying off as much debt as possible, using some to move, then making sure we save some so we have a emergency fund for the yr.

TS9509
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Paying off my medical bills/credit card from my knee injury in November and putting the rest in savings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Buggy979
by Danette on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Going to suppliment my income.. that's if I get anything back...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Putting ours in savings.

MunchiesMom324
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:31 PM

DH and I already decided that we will either pay off or pay as much as we can onto our debt.  We have about $2,000 in personal loans (doesn't seem like much, but with the interest rates - each one was an 18mo loan, and the total monthly payments come to about $500.... yeah)

If we get back more than 2K, we're going to pay in advance on our insurance ($500), and stash the rest into savings to draw interest.

Kitschy
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Mine goes toward my mortgage.

NikiOcasio
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:33 PM

we will be putting ours towards refinancing my car to lower payments. 

iwanabemomie
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Savings it will go.last year we just blew through it all,we will not be doing that this year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN