Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

smart moves with your tax refund

Posted by   + Show Post

tax season is right around the corner, and for those of us who are getting a return, anticipating spending is a must! I was wondering what some of you will be doing with your chunk of change to get some fresh ideas for myself....ya know, besides splurging on a new car, clothes etc. I'm over all of that and can wait for those things when I am able to afford them. Right now, I'm trying to move my family and myself forward, not stay stuck in the present!

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Replies (61-70):
CheyennesMommy2
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Well idk if we will get anyhing bavk this year..dh mad $20k more than he used to. I dont know how it works really..our tax guy just does it lol. Dh has never explained it to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Pay off the car woot woot 3 more payments and we are D. O. N. E. !!
Also pay for amature cards for the kids skating and new boots for my 12 year olds skates because she went from a 7 to a 9 in a fricken year! Hopefully we can sell her old boots. If we can't find used in her size we are looking at $450 for new ones just the boot not the plate or anything!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scoutfamilyof7
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:43 PM

We are gonna fix my suburban up, get a new mattress, get our DD braces, pay off a couple bills possibly my husbands car, we need to get our DD a car since she is going off to college this year. There is more but I don't have my list in front of me. We are going off what we got last year and will adjust once we find out exactly how much we will get.

ShanesMommy2012
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Well, a little over $1k is getting taken out of SO's taxes and going to DS' hospital bill (from when he was born).

Other than that. We're paying off our bills & buying things we need for ourselves, our son, and for around the house.

angevil53
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Debt.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2swtboys
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Fixing my van, paying extra payments on my van. Remodeling our mobile home. Not much...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Putting money in our new furnace fund. I think we only have one or two more years in the one in the basement (we have 2)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terpmama
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:53 PM

We will put it towards fixing up our backyard (land scraping and redoing the layout)... If there's anything left then it will probably be put towards organizing the storage (better boxes) and garage (more shelves). And just general home projects. 

supermom0609
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Buying.some.new furniture,buying everything we need for a new baby,getting our car up to par,buying a few wants
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowboygal
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:59 PM
I will not be getting one of my own but I more than likely will be getting the ex husbands because he is behind. I will pay off the 7 year old's braces since he has not helped with that either then I will put the rest aside as a down payment for my son's braces. If there is any left it will go into savings for when I graduate and we move.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)