Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Contraction question

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM
  • 10 Replies
At the end did you ever have many random contractions in a row? I've had 8. They were a few MIN apart to 15 and they ranged from 30 seconds to almost two min
This is so frustrating!

Oh and it seems like every time I get up my whole entire stomach tightens up
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:56 PM

my contractions were never consitant lol they just came an went as they please never times the way they say they should be but they did thier job lol maybe alittle too well since I started early labor at 6 months both times lol .. I had very slow long painfull early labors lol I mean weeks/months worth lol sounds crazy but they were actually productive just very slow kind of productive lol. MY youngest was 34 weeks.

Aydnsmommy
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Go drink a big glass of water. That happened to me and it turned out I was dehydrated.
newmomat22
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:59 PM

i agree this just happened last week to me. 

Quoting Aydnsmommy:

Go drink a big glass of water. That happened to me and it turned out I was dehydrated.

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I'm on my second 8 oz. I've been drinking a shit ton because my feet and legs are swollen

Quoting newmomat22:

Quoting Aydnsmommy:

Aydnsmommy
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Laydown on your left side or take a warm bath. See if that stops them.

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

I'm on my second 8 oz. I've been drinking a shit ton because my feet and legs are swollen

Quoting newmomat22:

Quoting Aydnsmommy:

newmomat22
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:08 PM

my dr told me to also lay on my left side or take a warm bath to see if it helps. 

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Quoting newmomat22:

Quoting Aydnsmommy:

newmomat22
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I see that someone already told you to lay on your left side lol sorry  

mesfilles
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Had BH randomly throughout my pregnancies. They were closer together, consistent and stronger when I was actually in labor. How far along are you?
Due9
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I never experienced contractions on my own. It was always after they started the induction process in the hospital with pitocin. But your contractions sound promising..i would continue to drink water, lie on left side and relax. If they still continue on a regular basis, call labor and delivery.

3lilmonsters88
by ★amber★ on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Yea I did..it sucks because you're like come let this be the real thing then bam they come fewer and further between. Just take a warm bath or shower and lay on your left side to see if they stop. If they don't it may be baby time soon. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)