Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

young mom wondering what this site is

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:56 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hello I am new to this group. I have a 5yr old daughter and I am 22 yr mom. wondering what cafemom is all about and if its a good use to have.

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crazycurls920
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:59 PM
It sucks you in with ridiculousness in the " mom confessions" group. Other groups are helpful for venting and advice.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chrysbolouvi
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Its a place for moms to go and feel free to talk about anything & everything..To have the ability to ask questions about kids etc without feeling uncomfortable as we've all had questions at sometime or another...good advise is hard to come by these days..
sherry132
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, if you get butt hurt over internet bs then it's probably not the best. 

LOL. I personally find it a wonderful site and I've been addicted for almost five years. Just always remember, it's the internet, and never post anything you don't want multiple brutal opinions on. 

I've met my best friend and several others that I care about on this site. You just have to figure out who the drama momma's are and ignore them. 

Welcome, I hope you love it here. Also check out some of the smaller groups that you would benefit from from. 

Here are a few links....

http://www.cafemom.com/group/110703

http://www.cafemom.com/group/41419

http://www.cafemom.com/group/102435

Good Luck and Welcome!welcome to cafemom

got2monsters
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:02 PM
its a vortex. seriously. youll see what i mean after a while. lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Some of the groups, such as NC and MC are for entertainment and debate, others, the smaller more specified groups are great places for support and advice.  You just have to find where you fit the best.

piwife
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Is fun.. I been here almost 6 yrs. Sucks you in lol. Beweare have thick skin in this site.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RRGal
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Thank you so much..  I been checking some things out trying to fig out if  I wrote the right person or if I got a response..

xxshelbyxxx
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:33 PM
I think I'm only 6 months in and yes it's a black hole. Sucks you in but I dig it.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:08 AM

It depends what you are looking for.  There are many helpful groups like Elementary age,  kids health, various recipe forums  OR you can get sucked into all the drama ones that just thrive on hurting people.

I personally do not do the drama ones.

MusherMaggie
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Definitely--you can find answers to all sorts of questions here, people who ate going through some of the same things you are to comiserate with, and mote information than you can absorb all at one time, lol! Drama if you don't have enough of your own, support when you need it, a place to vent, too. Welcome!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)