Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How much do you clean daily?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM
  • 5 Replies
My hubby calls me OCD. I stay up till like 3-4 am cleaning some nights. Things just big me. So how much do you clean
1. Do dishes .... Me 3x a day
2. Laundry.... 1 load a day
3. Sweep mop any hard floors.... 1-2 times a day
4. Vaccumm ... 1-2 times a day
5. Dust.... Weekly
6. Clean windows... Weekly (accept the one on the sliding door and that is daily)
7. Clean closets.... Weekly
8. Clean toilets... 2x daily
9. Clean showers ... Daily
10. Sanitize door handles/light switches.... Daily
11. Wipe walls down.... Weekly
12. Clean appliances.... Weekly unless needed more

So I know there is a ton more I do. I just feel bad because Dh and his friend were making fun of me last night. His friend came to fix our water heater (he is a plumber) and pointed out that our house was the first house without dust on their water heater.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I clean as I go.  I dont let my house get dirty and on the other hand I dont have OCD and feel the need to dust the coils on the frisge daily or dust my furnace off more than a couple times a year.  My house is very clean but if there is an empty water glass on the counter im not going to sweat it.  Id never clean till 4 am.  You may want to talk to a therapist about that. 

drewby75061
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:54 AM

2-3 loads of laundry a day ( family of 6 ) vaccum 3 times a day dishes 2-3 times a day bathrooms Im constantly wiping the toiled with clorox wipes I do a last sweep before I go to bed at night which is no later than 10

TableforSeven
by Judy on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:06 AM

1. Do dishes .... As needed
2. Laundry.... Twice per week (we're a family of 6 here....but I refuse to let laundry run my life)
3. Sweep mop any hard floors....as needed - or every 1-3 days
4. Vaccumm ... We only have a few small throw rugs - in the kids' bedrooms - they use the vacuum once a week or so
5. Dust.... As needed - weekly, maybe
6. Clean windows... Rarely - like once ever 3-6 months
7. Clean closets.... We only have ONE closet in the whole house - I organized it when we moved in here 4 months ago....no need to reorganize (probably not until we move again next summer)
8. Clean toilets... A few times every week
9. Clean showers ... We squeegee the floor after every shower - I clean the walls as needed
10. Sanitize door handles/light switches.... If they are gross - I clean them
11. Wipe walls down.... Once a year - before Passover 
12. Clean appliances.... As needed

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Not nearly enough  lol

1. do dishes  1 or 2x times a day but with school dinner is really the only time dishes get diry.

2. laundry  once  a week  but thats because i do them at the laundromat. 

3. sweep   several times a day  but i have cats and dogs.  Mop  usually every other day unless needed.  with cats and dogs it could be as often as 2 times a day some days

4.vaccuum  Never  but i have no rugs  lol

5.dust  when i move something and notice dust  lol

6. windows   once a season lol

7. closets  I've lived here 6 years and have cleaned out the closets twice  lol  i will straighten things out when needed

8. toilets   twice a day.  when i wake up and am getting the shower ready and then before bed when i clean up the bathroom again

9. showers  once a day in the morning before the 1st shower

10. sanitize door handles  once a week  unless there is a sick person in the house

11. walls   I ussed to do weekly  but have since given that up.  Once a season during a big cleaning  other than that just spot cleaning.

12. clean appliances    When I use the appliance  usually when i'm done with it.  lol

vboatner
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I sweep/mop daily. I wash dishes 2 times a day. Laundry as needed. The boys pick up their toys in their play room at the end of the day. And they pick them up in other rooms when they get done with them. I dust every other day because my son has allergies and asthma and it starts to act up. Wash table, stove, counters, etc Daily. And walls and baseboards, etc., monthly or before if they need it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)