Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Those with Dogs Do you feed your dog these Dangerous treats?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:25 AM
  • 93 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have been posting this around to get the word out For those who do not know to Beware of these dog treats! They have been linked to MANY deaths and illness in dogs! The FDA has put it on the Caution List TWICE because of the link to sick and dead dogs but they can Not say 100% for sure its what caused the deaths and sickness. Which is odd because Almost 300 dogs that ate these treats

Here is a link to The Info with links to Prove. As well as a pic Of the dog treats that are bad. Ive also heard from many that These dog treats is what led to Ceacer Millans Yorkies Death though i have never found a link to prove this. 

DOG TREATS That KILL!!!! PLEASE READ!! - CafeMom

****EDIT*****

For those saying *I feed these to my dogs and they are fine* I want to clarify that I never said it would kill your dogs Im simply sharing the FDA finds and everything. Read the links. Between specific years the death toll and sick dog toll was over 200. Then it went up to Almost 1000! It appears Not all bags are bad. But im warning yall thats all. Be careful and watch for signs of kidney failure or other sickness

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:28 AM
2 moms liked this
Scary...BUMP!

Btw, I make my dog's treats homemade. Never have to worry about him getting sick or poisoned...plus DH likes them, too, LMFAO!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
destiny2nv
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:29 AM
No, but I heard about this some time ago . . . Strange. .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
deputygirls28
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:31 AM
How do you make the homemade treats? Are they easy to make? I don't give the dogs any of those treats but I think homemade ones would not only be better for them but something my dd might like to help me make

Quoting beadingmom17:

Scary...BUMP!

Btw, I make my dog's treats homemade. Never have to worry about him getting sick or poisoned...plus DH likes them, too, LMFAO!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PlaysAllDay
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I do too. My kids love them, lol

Quoting beadingmom17:

Scary...BUMP!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EsmeVincent
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:33 AM
We have given our dog one of those before but he didn't like them...he likes all sorts of food but he mainly gets raw hides
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:35 AM
If you can make cookies, you can make dog treats! My dog has food allergies, so the recipe I use I found on Pinterest (Google "cleo's pumpkin dog treats")...it's pretty much brown rice flour, pumpkin, cinnamon (my choice to add), egg, and powdered milk.

You roll out and cut them like cookies. They're slightly time consuming depending on how big you make them (I make them smaller because I don't want to overfeed Jasper), but it makes a ton at a time!

Quoting deputygirls28:

How do you make the homemade treats? Are they easy to make? I don't give the dogs any of those treats but I think homemade ones would not only be better for them but something my dd might like to help me make

Quoting beadingmom17:

Scary...BUMP!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C8linVilla
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I think Waggin Train Is the biggest Culprite. Its the one Im Always Hearing about. But its ALL treats from China. But You should not support china anyways due to their child labor laws ;) but thats a different story lol

TableforSeven
by Judy on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:31 PM

We rarely gave our dog manufactured treats.  She mostly just ate her dog food (Iams).  Her idea of a treat was a piece of bread. :-)

travelbunny
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:32 PM

My grandmother's dog gets those beef jerkey Milo Kitchen treats. She's perfectly fine and loves them. 

th78
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
My dogs don't get treats. I'm a mean doggie momma! Lol
No, really my vet told me not to give them any at all. Even homemade.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)