Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

asthma attack during workout

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:10 PM
  • 4 Replies

Why is it when i stand up and tilt to the side for a side crunch i cant breath and I end up having a asthma attack this morning during my workout... what the heck???

Im trying to be healthy and workout but i cant....

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Have you talked with your doctor to get the ok to start working out?  Have you been treated for asthma?

I suffer from both allergy and exercise induced asthma and have been told to use my rescue inhaler about 20-30 minutes before working out.

Quoting extremecheer:

Why is it when i stand up and tilt to the side for a side crunch i cant breath and I end up having a asthma attack this morning during my workout... what the heck???

extremecheer
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:36 AM

yes Im on 3 diffrent inhalers. I also have really bad allergies and asthma.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Have you talked with your doctor to get the ok to start working out?  Have you been treated for asthma?

I suffer from both allergy and exercise induced asthma and have been told to use my rescue inhaler about 20-30 minutes before working out.

Quoting extremecheer:

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Have you talked to your doctor about any medication like singular or advair that might help?

Quoting extremecheer:

Quoting amonkeymom:

Quoting extremecheer:

extremecheer
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Ya i have a advair inhaler.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Have you talked to your doctor about any medication like singular or advair that might help?

Quoting extremecheer:

Quoting amonkeymom:

Quoting extremecheer:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)