Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Well then you shoulda fixed the dammm leak and ceiling

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:21 PM
  • 2 Replies

I have a crappy landlord and an even crappier super. right before thanksgiving the super knocked on my door due to a leak going downstairs.  I informed him as i had the super before him and the landlord many times the leak was coming from my upstairs neighbor.  The leak had caused my light in the bathroom to short out and it had been several weeks since the short.  He comes in fixes my light so that it turns back on but it doesn't shut off now.  puts a hole in my ceiling to do this and which just lets the water drip in even more. He was suppose to come the next day to fix this but I've been waiting since day before thanksgiving.   I keep a water cooler in the bathroom to try and catch the water and falling debris from the ceiling.  for the most part it works.  I do however have several cats that sometimes close the lid.  water will get on my floor and will leak downstairs which it is their living room.  Well this morning the leak was really bad and filled up my water cooler (like a go to the beach type smaller cooler)  I get a knock on my door from  my downstairs neighbor complaining about the water. I direct her to the upstairs neighbor  who it looks like they turned the shower on and just let it run on the floor or possibly they had a toilet bowl flood.  there was a ton of water.  the super shows up totally dumbfounded that there is a leak.   I've only reminded him 100 times since November.  I'm just pretty careful about letting it go downstairs.  So he's stomping thru my house like a two year old that i won't let play video games bitching at me that there's a leak.     Then i get a call from the landlord telling me t he bathroom is leaking.  MORONS 

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Ugh sounds really frustrating!

**Post ANONYMOUSLY on Mom Confessions!**

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:21 AM

Very Frustrating.  I want to put the supers head thru the ceiling. maybe then he'd figure out how to fix the leak.

Quoting LuLuRex:

Ugh sounds really frustrating!

**Post ANONYMOUSLY on Mom Confessions!**

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN