Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

anyone use a steam mop for hardwood floors?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:52 PM
  • 42 Replies
I have original hardwood in my living room,hall,and 3 bedrooms and linoleum in 2 bathrooms and kitchen. currently i get a bucket of hot soapy water and a washrag,put gloves on and get on my hands and knees and handwash all the floors. i do this about once a week or as needed. i am 10 wks pregnant so im not gonna be able to do.this much longer. i heard about steam mops and wondering if they work well?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supermom0609
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I would not because I would be afraid the wood would warp if there was any flaw in the poly coating.  I use a refillable thing by o-cedar thats similar to a swiffer and use my own hardwood floor cleaner in it. 

andrea515
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I have the Shark steam mop and loooooove it . I will never use another mop on any of my floor . I also hv wood floors . Works awesome and well worth the money . I don't think you will regret buying one !!!

HannahC
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:59 PM
I have a Haan steam mop, and I love it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
supermom0609
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:18 PM
ORIGINAL hard wood or laminate wood flooring because mine.is original its 40+ years old cant ruin it

Quoting andrea515:

I have the Shark steam mop and loooooove it . I will never use another mop on any of my floor . I also hv wood floors . Works awesome and well worth the money . I don't think you will regret buying one !!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angevil53
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:18 PM
I hated it on mine but i HATE hw.
SpnFulOfSugar
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Yup it leaves streaks.
balagan_imma
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I have a shark steamer. I use it on my hardwoods (40+ years old), bamboo, and cork floors. Not always my top choice, but it cleans well enough. Usually I just use my sponge mop and bucket of warm water, or my Bona cleaning system thing.

supermom0609
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:22 PM
I LOVE hardwood my favorite flooring.ever. i gotta find some way.to clean it cuz a mop is.nasty.doesnt get it clean enough

Quoting angevil53:

I hated it on mine but i HATE hw.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by I Rock on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:24 PM
I use it on my hardwood for upkeep. When i need a deep clean I'm on my hands and knees with water and vinegar lol. My floor is 60 years old, been using the mop almost 2 years. No damage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)