Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Sharing rooms when you have a playroom?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:00 PM
  • 17 Replies
My Dh and I were talking about more kids. We have a 4 bedroom home. Three of the bedrooms are on the main floor and the other one is downstairs. I stated eventually kids would just have to share rooms and we will keep the 4th bedroom a playroom. He thinks all kids should have their own room so either we should move or let ourselves or one of the kids in the basement bedroom. What would you do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jack90
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:02 PM

why move for a play room lol that's kind of silly i think each kid should have there own room

jillbailey26
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:06 PM

We live in a 4br house.  Our boys have always shared a room (since 6mo & 2y), so they still currently share a room.  The 4th bedroom is a guest bedroom.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Crazylovingfam
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:06 PM
I don't like the idea of kids being on a separate floor. Plus I feel like our downstairs could be easily broken into (although we do live in a low crime suburb) because of the door to the outside and huge ground level windows. And you can't hear between the floors because of sound proof insulation.

Quoting jack90:

why move for a play room lol that's kind of silly i think each kid should have there own room

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jack90
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:11 PM

well then in that situation i would rather have that a play room girls can share a room and boys can share my 2 boys share a room.

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM
I would have them share until the playroom isn't needed. I'm gonna move my 3 and 1 year old in together eventually. By the time they are old enough to need/want their own room they will most likely have outgrown the need for a whole room full of toys
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Why do kids need their own rooms? Living together is also a skill and the earlier they learn the better it is, at least for any potential spouse they might have.

ColieO
by I Rock on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:14 PM
I actually just moved my kids into the same room even though they had their own. One room now is a play/craft room. Much less clutter it seems like to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Depending on how old the oldest is when you have your next child I would put the oldest down stairs.
MommyLehr
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:14 PM
We lived in a 4 br home and our 2 kids shared a room. But they won't sleep unless they're in the same room. When they had separate rooms they'd sneak into each others rooms.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:17 PM

My kids share a room and we have a playroom. But that is their choice. If they chose otherwise we'd probably move one of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN