Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

No One Believes My Daughter Is Mine!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I just had my Daughter, Rhylee Jessa, Sept 17 (she was 6 weeks early, born 3lbs 15.4oz) but people are ALWAYS asking me who's baby and then when I tell them mine I get dirty looks!!! When I was pregnant, I would get dirty looks. Or when I walk around with her and someone sees her move they come RUNNING (literally) over and say OMG I THOUGHT YOU WERE CARRYING A DOLL. Then proceed to ask me questions like 'Are you old enough to have a baby?'  'You look like you are 12, 14, 15, 16...' Like people are really RUDE!! I was even with a friend in a store and a lady comes running over asking my friend all these questions about MY baby, I would answer and then finally my friend goes, 'you have to ask her she is her mom.' The lady goes 'OMG she is YOUR baby??' Like why is it such a shock?? She looks JUST like me...and has my nose (although now she is starting to look a lot like Daddy) Oh and I love the whole you have your baby dressed ALL in pink with a pretty bow and still get asked...'is it a boy or girl??' REALLY?? Rhylee will be 4 months I will post a picture..guess my age :)

****UPDATE*****

So I commented on my post the answer. I will be 30 in April. My Husband and I are actually a day apart (He will be 30 as well) I am also very short, 4ft 10.25in and just 96lbs. It doesn't make me so mad that people think I am really young...it's that they don't think my Daughter is mine. lol

This is when she was 12 days old :D 

Rhylee at almost 4 months old :D 

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Replies (41-50):
skyelyns_mommie
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

i think she looks like you and i would say you look 24 or 25 but i see your almost 30. 

Clairwil
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting tnkrbell860:

It doesn't make me so mad that people think I am really young...it's that they don't think my Daughter is mine.

Count your blessings.

Looking younger than your age will become more and more of a thrill as you get older, and you'll be more and more envied for it.

Having a few people misunderstand about your daughter is a small price to pay for that.  Shrug it off.

onethentwins
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Not that you should have to, but if it bothers you so much, have you considered a more sophisticated hair style?

tnkrbell860
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Quoting onethentwins:

Not that you should have to, but if it bothers you so much, have you considered a more sophisticated hair style?

I wish u could do something with my hair...I am NOT a hair person lol either straight down or in a pony is about all I can do (on my own hair anyways lol)

Homeschoolmom99
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I just became a grandmother at 37! I don't look that old myself! I have gotten that for years about my kids! Why does it matter? Our society has a show called Teen mom! I was thinking you were 22 looking but guessed you were about 30 age based on my own history!

Good thing we are raising her

tnkrbell860
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Yes, That is one thing that really surprised me. I get al these looks yet there is Teen Mom, Teen Mom 2 AND 16 & Pregnant!!! People are insane. I am just glad to be the one raising my Daughter and I plan to raise her the way my Husband and I were raised (the old fashioned way) lol :D Your Grandbaby is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!! How big?

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

I just became a grandmother at 37! I don't look that old myself! I have gotten that for years about my kids! Why does it matter? Our society has a show called Teen mom! I was thinking you were 22 looking but guessed you were about 30 age based on my own history!

Gorilla_Mama
by Kelsie on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Your dd is adorable!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Homeschoolmom99
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this

4 Pounds six oz and we just brought her home today last night in the hotel she slept all night and stayed awake all day! She was born on 1-3-13

Quoting tnkrbell860:

Yes, That is one thing that really surprised me. I get al these looks yet there is Teen Mom, Teen Mom 2 AND 16 & Pregnant!!! People are insane. I am just glad to be the one raising my Daughter and I plan to raise her the way my Husband and I were raised (the old fashioned way) lol :D Your Grandbaby is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!! How big?

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

OneToughMami
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I get that a lot but my favorite thing even is when people confuse my daughter's doll for a small human. I had someone offer to help me because I had my hands full with a preemie...I asked her how she knew my daughter was a preemie and she pointed at the doll as I dropped it in the cart.

OneToughMami
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

Such a tiny wittle person!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)