Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

No One Believes My Daughter Is Mine!!!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM
  • 90 Replies

I just had my Daughter, Rhylee Jessa, Sept 17 (she was 6 weeks early, born 3lbs 15.4oz) but people are ALWAYS asking me who's baby and then when I tell them mine I get dirty looks!!! When I was pregnant, I would get dirty looks. Or when I walk around with her and someone sees her move they come RUNNING (literally) over and say OMG I THOUGHT YOU WERE CARRYING A DOLL. Then proceed to ask me questions like 'Are you old enough to have a baby?'  'You look like you are 12, 14, 15, 16...' Like people are really RUDE!! I was even with a friend in a store and a lady comes running over asking my friend all these questions about MY baby, I would answer and then finally my friend goes, 'you have to ask her she is her mom.' The lady goes 'OMG she is YOUR baby??' Like why is it such a shock?? She looks JUST like me...and has my nose (although now she is starting to look a lot like Daddy) Oh and I love the whole you have your baby dressed ALL in pink with a pretty bow and still get asked...'is it a boy or girl??' REALLY?? Rhylee will be 4 months I will post a picture..guess my age :)

****UPDATE*****

So I commented on my post the answer. I will be 30 in April. My Husband and I are actually a day apart (He will be 30 as well) I am also very short, 4ft 10.25in and just 96lbs. It doesn't make me so mad that people think I am really young...it's that they don't think my Daughter is mine. lol

This is when she was 12 days old :D 

Rhylee at almost 4 months old :D 

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

You do look young but just ignore everyone in public.  I am glad she is healthy despite being born early.

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
You look 25 to me
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

You have a small bone structure but I wouldn't peg you for under 18. What a bunch of jealous bishes.

Adorable dd btw. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jkleinman
by <3munchkin's mama<3 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
You look 15-17. I'm probably wrong though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jessimicuh
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
23?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
My guess is 28. She's a beauty. :) I get asked questions all the time. I am 31 and my dd will be 7 in a few weeks and ds is 4.5. People think I'm much younger and I get asked if I disappointed my mother by having 2 kids in my teens, lol. I was 24 and 26 when I had them!
3lilmonsters88
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Mid 20's I don't see you being any younger. Your baby is adorable. Just ignore rude people. Just walk away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I would say you are around 25. This past year I had the guy that checks your receipt at the door ask me if I was old enough to be buying groceries. And I had some people knock on the front door and when I answered they asked if my parents where home.

toddler girl                         toddler boy

Sarah                                           Luciano

(10-16-06)                                  (11-27-08)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Cochise
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

23 ?

tnkrbell860
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I will be 30 in April. So will my Husband. Lol...we are actually a day apart :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)