Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

No One Believes My Daughter Is Mine!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I just had my Daughter, Rhylee Jessa, Sept 17 (she was 6 weeks early, born 3lbs 15.4oz) but people are ALWAYS asking me who's baby and then when I tell them mine I get dirty looks!!! When I was pregnant, I would get dirty looks. Or when I walk around with her and someone sees her move they come RUNNING (literally) over and say OMG I THOUGHT YOU WERE CARRYING A DOLL. Then proceed to ask me questions like 'Are you old enough to have a baby?'  'You look like you are 12, 14, 15, 16...' Like people are really RUDE!! I was even with a friend in a store and a lady comes running over asking my friend all these questions about MY baby, I would answer and then finally my friend goes, 'you have to ask her she is her mom.' The lady goes 'OMG she is YOUR baby??' Like why is it such a shock?? She looks JUST like me...and has my nose (although now she is starting to look a lot like Daddy) Oh and I love the whole you have your baby dressed ALL in pink with a pretty bow and still get asked...'is it a boy or girl??' REALLY?? Rhylee will be 4 months I will post a picture..guess my age :)

****UPDATE*****

So I commented on my post the answer. I will be 30 in April. My Husband and I are actually a day apart (He will be 30 as well) I am also very short, 4ft 10.25in and just 96lbs. It doesn't make me so mad that people think I am really young...it's that they don't think my Daughter is mine. lol

This is when she was 12 days old :D 

Rhylee at almost 4 months old :D 

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Replies (51-60):
Allebas
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this

WOW!!! You look really young!! That is a good thing!! I look really young too!! When I was pregnant with my oldest, I got a TON of dirty looks from ppl and I KNOW they thought I was a teen mom--as if it was any of their business!! I was 24 when I had my first baby--but I looked like I was 18 or 19!! I pretty much ignored ppl who glared at me. Your DD looks like you!! I remember when I had my 4th baby, and he was dressed in a blue and white sweat suit. Some lady asked me how old my daughter was!! I was like WHAT?? He didn't even look like a girl!!! If he'd been a girl, I would have dressed him in pink!!! Oh well. Some ppl are ridiculous!

SleepingBeautee
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Dayum Girl! You are 30?!?!... You look young and are small of frame. Trust me it is much better to be mistaken for someone younger than older. People are assholes, so don't pay them too much mind. You could always start wearing a shirt that says "Yes, This is my baby and YES I am old enough to have a baby". Or even better, you can start wigging people out by coming up with wildly outrageous stories..."She is my baby, I am only 12 and got pregnant by sitting on a tennis racket". Just crazy shit that is so obnoxiously fake that people will get that they over stepped their bounds.

Good luck!

crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this
You don't look that THAT young. Maybe it is your petite stature that when someone sees you they assume you are really young.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilyelephant
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Babies look like babies! my boyfriend tells me all the time he doesn't understand how people see him in her, and everyone says they do.

When I was 13 my mom had a baby and people always thought he was mine. I definitely looked under 18 then.

I've never really had people just come up to me like that. I have had people ask boy or girl, even though she is dressed in pink and has a pink car seat. I've even had people continue to use he/his/him, after i ignore it the first time. annoying.

tnkrbell860
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Awww. My Daughter was born 3bs 15.4oz and we got to bring her home at 4lbs 1oz. She was in the NICU for 11 days because she was 6wks early. She had me in and out of the hospital trying to come starting at 29wks!! She was determined :)

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

4 Pounds six oz and we just brought her home today last night in the hotel she slept all night and stayed awake all day! She was born on 1-3-13

Quoting tnkrbell860:

Yes, That is one thing that really surprised me. I get al these looks yet there is Teen Mom, Teen Mom 2 AND 16 & Pregnant!!! People are insane. I am just glad to be the one raising my Daughter and I plan to raise her the way my Husband and I were raised (the old fashioned way) lol :D Your Grandbaby is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!! How big?

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

I just became a grandmother at 37! I don't look that old myself! I have gotten that for years about my kids! Why does it matter? Our society has a show called Teen mom! I was thinking you were 22 looking but guessed you were about 30 age based on my own history!

Good thing we are raising her

tnkrbell860
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Haha. Yea, I could put doll clothes on my lil one. Preemies are so tiny. This is the day after we brought my daughter home. The pup is a Rat Terrier about a 20lb dog...She is now the size of him. If I lay her on him they are just about the same length :D She was 12 days old here :D

Quoting OneToughMami:

I get that a lot but my favorite thing even is when people confuse my daughter's doll for a small human. I had someone offer to help me because I had my hands full with a preemie...I asked her how she knew my daughter was a preemie and she pointed at the doll as I dropped it in the cart.

tnkrbell860
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:12 PM

It's the nose lol. From her first 'profile' ultrasound pic I noticed she had my nose haha. (My Husband calls it our little ski jump nose lmao) She does look like Daddy a lot too sometimes

Quoting Allebas:

WOW!!! You look really young!! That is a good thing!! I look really young too!! When I was pregnant with my oldest, I got a TON of dirty looks from ppl and I KNOW they thought I was a teen mom--as if it was any of their business!! I was 24 when I had my first baby--but I looked like I was 18 or 19!! I pretty much ignored ppl who glared at me. Your DD looks like you!! I remember when I had my 4th baby, and he was dressed in a blue and white sweat suit. Some lady asked me how old my daughter was!! I was like WHAT?? He didn't even look like a girl!!! If he'd been a girl, I would have dressed him in pink!!! Oh well. Some ppl are ridiculous!

Jess-Jax0711
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh wow, we ( OP n I) are exactly alike, lol I'm fixing to be 30 same weight same height except i have 2 babies, 5yo dd and 20month old ds so you can imagine the looks i was getting myself! And by yhe way my dd looked Nothing like me from the time she was born till she was 3, that's when she started looking a Lil more like me.

Quoting tnkrbell860:

I just had my Daughter, Rhylee Jessa, Sept 17 (she was 6 weeks early, born 3lbs 15.4oz) but people are ALWAYS asking me who's baby and then when I tell them mine I get dirty looks!!! When I was pregnant, I would get dirty looks. Or when I walk around with her and someone sees her move they come RUNNING (literally) over and say OMG I THOUGHT YOU WERE CARRYING A DOLL. Then proceed to ask me questions like 'Are you old enough to have a baby?'  'You look like you are 12, 14, 15, 16...' Like people are really RUDE!! I was even with a friend in a store and a lady comes running over asking my friend all these questions about MY baby, I would answer and then finally my friend goes, 'you have to ask her she is her mom.' The lady goes 'OMG she is YOUR baby??' Like why is it such a shock?? She looks JUST like me...and has my nose (although now she is starting to look a lot like Daddy) Oh and I love the whole you have your baby dressed ALL in pink with a pretty bow and still get asked...'is it a boy or girl??' REALLY?? Rhylee will be 4 months I will post a picture..guess my age :)

****UPDATE*****

So I commented on my post the answer. I will be 30 in April. My Husband and I are actually a day apart (He will be 30 as well) I am also very short, 4ft 10.25in and just 96lbs. It doesn't make me so mad that people think I am really young...it's that they don't think my Daughter is mine. lol

This is when she was 12 days old :D 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OneToughMami
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this
When my daughter was born she was the size of the baby doll she always plays with. It's a weighted doll so it weighs as much. I was in shock that when she was a baby she was that tiny

Quoting tnkrbell860:

Haha. Yea, I could put doll clothes on my lil one. Preemies are so tiny. This is the day after we brought my daughter home. The pup is a Rat Terrier about a 20lb dog...She is now the size of him. If I lay her on him they are just about the same length :D She was 12 days old here :D

Quoting OneToughMami:

I get that a lot but my favorite thing even is when people confuse my daughter's doll for a small human. I had someone offer to help me because I had my hands full with a preemie...I asked her how she knew my daughter was a preemie and she pointed at the doll as I dropped it in the cart.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cats911
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

She looks like you, I don't know why.  However, my daughter is 34 with a 13 year old and a 7 year old, and she still gets pulled over after 10 pm and asked why she is out so late because she is so young.   She has to prove every time she is actually 34.  It gets the kids into crying hysterics because they think she is going to jail (never has been, LOL).  I am 58 but people tell me I look like I am in my 30's and my dad has always looked 20 years younger than he is.  He is in his 70's now but people cannot believe he isn't in his 40's. 

I guess we just keep our looks, LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)