Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

No One Believes My Daughter Is Mine!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I just had my Daughter, Rhylee Jessa, Sept 17 (she was 6 weeks early, born 3lbs 15.4oz) but people are ALWAYS asking me who's baby and then when I tell them mine I get dirty looks!!! When I was pregnant, I would get dirty looks. Or when I walk around with her and someone sees her move they come RUNNING (literally) over and say OMG I THOUGHT YOU WERE CARRYING A DOLL. Then proceed to ask me questions like 'Are you old enough to have a baby?'  'You look like you are 12, 14, 15, 16...' Like people are really RUDE!! I was even with a friend in a store and a lady comes running over asking my friend all these questions about MY baby, I would answer and then finally my friend goes, 'you have to ask her she is her mom.' The lady goes 'OMG she is YOUR baby??' Like why is it such a shock?? She looks JUST like me...and has my nose (although now she is starting to look a lot like Daddy) Oh and I love the whole you have your baby dressed ALL in pink with a pretty bow and still get asked...'is it a boy or girl??' REALLY?? Rhylee will be 4 months I will post a picture..guess my age :)

****UPDATE*****

So I commented on my post the answer. I will be 30 in April. My Husband and I are actually a day apart (He will be 30 as well) I am also very short, 4ft 10.25in and just 96lbs. It doesn't make me so mad that people think I am really young...it's that they don't think my Daughter is mine. lol

This is when she was 12 days old :D 

Rhylee at almost 4 months old :D 

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Replies (61-70):
cats911
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this

My grandson, up until he was about 6 or 7 was always taken for a girl.  HE IS JUST SO PRETTY!  I am grandma so I can say that, LOL.  He is now 13 and looks like a boy, very handsome.  From the time he could crawl, the girls were after him.  He was just a perfect little doll.  He obeyed them, and followed them, and they loved it.  Now his 7 year old sister bosses him all over, and he just grins and takes it.  He is used to it.  He does have a lot of friends of both sexes.  He is a very nice, courteous young man.  I am very proud of him.  AND HE IS JUST SO CUTE!!

TDMumof3
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this
You look in you early 20s.. to me she doesn't look like you but most babies have don't to me. My oldest daughter looks like me but my son nor does e youngest daughter to e I get told they do but I don't see it.kwim
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mcwife86
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:07 PM
2 moms liked this

it has happened to me too. when i was pregnant i was buying baby food and the girl behind me whispered to her mom "omg look at that girl...she is pregnant already". Last year i had a woman at walmart (of course) say 'its a shame that girls get pregnant so young now and set their kids up to not have daddies" so of course i looked around to see who she was talking abt and it was JUST me and her on that isle. she was looking straight at me and i said "who me?" and she just kept staring so i held up my hand and said "I'm married and 26 years old but i don't see why that matters anyways since both my son and i are obviously well dresses and fed. my age doesn't have anything to do with it..i could be 46 and in no position to have a child". it grinds my gears when people just assume that because someone is young and has a child they must be just the biggest piece of trash ever made in that town...ugh

Rach91o
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this
i had the same problem when i was pregnant dirty looks and comments i also look 14ish lol so when she was born i get even worse comments.. You get used to it and learn to ignore it iv lost count of the times iv screamed at people for saying things..
2girlsMom.MN
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

OP- I swear you just posted my life story. I had my daughter at age21 but I looked super duper young. She was also born 6 weeks early at 4lbs. I too was treated weird, crappy and looked down upon as if I was a teenager or younger. I too had comments like "OMG I thought that was a doll"  Ya like Im gonna push a doll around in my 20's. Just warning you it was like that til she was in preschool. The other mom's wouldn't include us etc. 

Give it time. My daughter is now 11 and I'm 32. We don't really come across these issues anymore.

I am 21 here and dd is about 4mos. old. 

I'm 32 here and dd is 11....  I finally don't get crazy looks like I had her at 12 anymore. 

Uniquecoolio
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this
you're beautiful and so is your baby!
Homeschoolmom99
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:11 PM

She was not early we don't think.My DD just got zero prenatal care till the last month. So that is a factor

She seems to have an old soul or has my dad with her! She talks non stop! Five hr road trip home and she was talking up a blue streak! She is in preemie clothing but that is too big on her. My son calls her doll baby and is afraid to death to touch her!

Quoting tnkrbell860:

Awww. My Daughter was born 3bs 15.4oz and we got to bring her home at 4lbs 1oz. She was in the NICU for 11 days because she was 6wks early. She had me in and out of the hospital trying to come starting at 29wks!! She was determined :)

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

4 Pounds six oz and we just brought her home today last night in the hotel she slept all night and stayed awake all day! She was born on 1-3-13

Quoting tnkrbell860:

Yes, That is one thing that really surprised me. I get al these looks yet there is Teen Mom, Teen Mom 2 AND 16 & Pregnant!!! People are insane. I am just glad to be the one raising my Daughter and I plan to raise her the way my Husband and I were raised (the old fashioned way) lol :D Your Grandbaby is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!! How big?

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

I just became a grandmother at 37! I don't look that old myself! I have gotten that for years about my kids! Why does it matter? Our society has a show called Teen mom! I was thinking you were 22 looking but guessed you were about 30 age based on my own history!

Good thing we are raising her

daytonbaby210
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have said about twenty five you do look young but I get the same looks with my twenty two month old and I am twenty two but apparently look sixteen.

tnkrbell860
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:51 PM

OMG she is like your clone!!! :D awww

Quoting 2girlsMom.MN:

OP- I swear you just posted my life story. I had my daughter at age21 but I looked super duper young. She was also born 6 weeks early at 4lbs. I too was treated weird, crappy and looked down upon as if I was a teenager or younger. I too had comments like "OMG I thought that was a doll"  Ya like Im gonna push a doll around in my 20's. Just warning you it was like that til she was in preschool. The other mom's wouldn't include us etc. 

Give it time. My daughter is now 11 and I'm 32. We don't really come across these issues anymore.

I am 21 here and dd is about 4mos. old. 

I'm 32 here and dd is 11....  I finally don't get crazy looks like I had her at 12 anymore. 

tnkrbell860
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Oh wow. Yea, there was a lot of people that wouldn't touch or hold my daughter because she was 'too small' I remember preemie clothing days. Now I look at them and I'm lke 'they used to be big on you' now she is in 0-3m. Your Granddaughter is a Tiny Princess like Rhylee :D 

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

She was not early we don't think.My DD just got zero prenatal care till the last month. So that is a factor

She seems to have an old soul or has my dad with her! She talks non stop! Five hr road trip home and she was talking up a blue streak! She is in preemie clothing but that is too big on her. My son calls her doll baby and is afraid to death to touch her!

Quoting tnkrbell860:

Awww. My Daughter was born 3bs 15.4oz and we got to bring her home at 4lbs 1oz. She was in the NICU for 11 days because she was 6wks early. She had me in and out of the hospital trying to come starting at 29wks!! She was determined :)

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

4 Pounds six oz and we just brought her home today last night in the hotel she slept all night and stayed awake all day! She was born on 1-3-13

Quoting tnkrbell860:

Yes, That is one thing that really surprised me. I get al these looks yet there is Teen Mom, Teen Mom 2 AND 16 & Pregnant!!! People are insane. I am just glad to be the one raising my Daughter and I plan to raise her the way my Husband and I were raised (the old fashioned way) lol :D Your Grandbaby is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!! How big?

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

I just became a grandmother at 37! I don't look that old myself! I have gotten that for years about my kids! Why does it matter? Our society has a show called Teen mom! I was thinking you were 22 looking but guessed you were about 30 age based on my own history!

Good thing we are raising her

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)