Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

No One Believes My Daughter Is Mine!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I just had my Daughter, Rhylee Jessa, Sept 17 (she was 6 weeks early, born 3lbs 15.4oz) but people are ALWAYS asking me who's baby and then when I tell them mine I get dirty looks!!! When I was pregnant, I would get dirty looks. Or when I walk around with her and someone sees her move they come RUNNING (literally) over and say OMG I THOUGHT YOU WERE CARRYING A DOLL. Then proceed to ask me questions like 'Are you old enough to have a baby?'  'You look like you are 12, 14, 15, 16...' Like people are really RUDE!! I was even with a friend in a store and a lady comes running over asking my friend all these questions about MY baby, I would answer and then finally my friend goes, 'you have to ask her she is her mom.' The lady goes 'OMG she is YOUR baby??' Like why is it such a shock?? She looks JUST like me...and has my nose (although now she is starting to look a lot like Daddy) Oh and I love the whole you have your baby dressed ALL in pink with a pretty bow and still get asked...'is it a boy or girl??' REALLY?? Rhylee will be 4 months I will post a picture..guess my age :)

****UPDATE*****

So I commented on my post the answer. I will be 30 in April. My Husband and I are actually a day apart (He will be 30 as well) I am also very short, 4ft 10.25in and just 96lbs. It doesn't make me so mad that people think I am really young...it's that they don't think my Daughter is mine. lol

This is when she was 12 days old :D 

Rhylee at almost 4 months old :D 

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Replies (71-80):
Homeschoolmom99
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I went today and doll and pet clothing was a better fit!

Quoting tnkrbell860:

Oh wow. Yea, there was a lot of people that wouldn't touch or hold my daughter because she was 'too small' I remember preemie clothing days. Now I look at them and I'm lke 'they used to be big on you' now she is in 0-3m. Your Granddaughter is a Tiny Princess like Rhylee :D 

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

She was not early we don't think.My DD just got zero prenatal care till the last month. So that is a factor

She seems to have an old soul or has my dad with her! She talks non stop! Five hr road trip home and she was talking up a blue streak! She is in preemie clothing but that is too big on her. My son calls her doll baby and is afraid to death to touch her!

Quoting tnkrbell860:

Awww. My Daughter was born 3bs 15.4oz and we got to bring her home at 4lbs 1oz. She was in the NICU for 11 days because she was 6wks early. She had me in and out of the hospital trying to come starting at 29wks!! She was determined :)

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

4 Pounds six oz and we just brought her home today last night in the hotel she slept all night and stayed awake all day! She was born on 1-3-13

Quoting tnkrbell860:

Yes, That is one thing that really surprised me. I get al these looks yet there is Teen Mom, Teen Mom 2 AND 16 & Pregnant!!! People are insane. I am just glad to be the one raising my Daughter and I plan to raise her the way my Husband and I were raised (the old fashioned way) lol :D Your Grandbaby is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!! How big?

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

I just became a grandmother at 37! I don't look that old myself! I have gotten that for years about my kids! Why does it matter? Our society has a show called Teen mom! I was thinking you were 22 looking but guessed you were about 30 age based on my own history!

Good thing we are raising her

RandiBear
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this

You DO look young lol My hubby guessed you were MAY-BE 15 if not 13-14. My jaw dropped when I saw how old you were. Lucky you! lol

Anyway, your baby is absolutely precious!!

Quoting tnkrbell860:

I just had my Daughter, Rhylee Jessa, Sept 17 (she was 6 weeks early, born 3lbs 15.4oz) but people are ALWAYS asking me who's baby and then when I tell them mine I get dirty looks!!! When I was pregnant, I would get dirty looks. Or when I walk around with her and someone sees her move they come RUNNING (literally) over and say OMG I THOUGHT YOU WERE CARRYING A DOLL. Then proceed to ask me questions like 'Are you old enough to have a baby?'  'You look like you are 12, 14, 15, 16...' Like people are really RUDE!! I was even with a friend in a store and a lady comes running over asking my friend all these questions about MY baby, I would answer and then finally my friend goes, 'you have to ask her she is her mom.' The lady goes 'OMG she is YOUR baby??' Like why is it such a shock?? She looks JUST like me...and has my nose (although now she is starting to look a lot like Daddy) Oh and I love the whole you have your baby dressed ALL in pink with a pretty bow and still get asked...'is it a boy or girl??' REALLY?? Rhylee will be 4 months I will post a picture..guess my age :)

****UPDATE*****

So I commented on my post the answer. I will be 30 in April. My Husband and I are actually a day apart (He will be 30 as well) I am also very short, 4ft 10.25in and just 96lbs. It doesn't make me so mad that people think I am really young...it's that they don't think my Daughter is mine. lol

This is when she was 12 days old :D 

Rhylee at almost 4 months old :D 

mommysangelface
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this

i was thinking younger than that!

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

You look 25 to me

Have you been sexually assualted? Been in a controlling relationship? Have you ever felt no one knows how you feel?  Well i do. Click on my siggy and join my support group! Hope to see you there!

onelove86
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol I'm a cashier and asked a customer how old her son was and I mentioned tha he is the same age as mine she continued to tell me that I was too young to have kids turns out she's two weeks older then me. She turned red and apologized.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
-Mommy2Faith-
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this

oh wow i would have never thought u were thirty! u look sooo young. but dont worry about people just say she is urs and go on about ur day. dont let it get u down!

supermomz25
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this

it's a blessing and at the same time a curse to look younger than you are. ignore the ignorance. btw, your daughter is absolutely adorable!

Ticker id: TdTfTicker id: cqHDTicker id: euteTicker id: vPtL

tnkrbell860
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Try Build A Bear clothing as well :D

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

I went today and doll and pet clothing was a better fit!

Quoting tnkrbell860:

Oh wow. Yea, there was a lot of people that wouldn't touch or hold my daughter because she was 'too small' I remember preemie clothing days. Now I look at them and I'm lke 'they used to be big on you' now she is in 0-3m. Your Granddaughter is a Tiny Princess like Rhylee :D 

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

She was not early we don't think.My DD just got zero prenatal care till the last month. So that is a factor

She seems to have an old soul or has my dad with her! She talks non stop! Five hr road trip home and she was talking up a blue streak! She is in preemie clothing but that is too big on her. My son calls her doll baby and is afraid to death to touch her!

Quoting tnkrbell860:

Awww. My Daughter was born 3bs 15.4oz and we got to bring her home at 4lbs 1oz. She was in the NICU for 11 days because she was 6wks early. She had me in and out of the hospital trying to come starting at 29wks!! She was determined :)

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

4 Pounds six oz and we just brought her home today last night in the hotel she slept all night and stayed awake all day! She was born on 1-3-13

Quoting tnkrbell860:

Yes, That is one thing that really surprised me. I get al these looks yet there is Teen Mom, Teen Mom 2 AND 16 & Pregnant!!! People are insane. I am just glad to be the one raising my Daughter and I plan to raise her the way my Husband and I were raised (the old fashioned way) lol :D Your Grandbaby is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!! How big?

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

I just became a grandmother at 37! I don't look that old myself! I have gotten that for years about my kids! Why does it matter? Our society has a show called Teen mom! I was thinking you were 22 looking but guessed you were about 30 age based on my own history!

Good thing we are raising her

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this
You look like 21
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this
You've got a great Nana dog, too!
jen_keiko
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:18 PM

i got and get this all the time!! "who's kid is that?" "that's not YOUR kid! you look too young!" and yes, even the "is it a boy or a girl?" ... while she's dressed in pink with hearts and flowers... now she's almost 8 and almost as tall as me o_O

i think the age thing is that you look super young! and that's an AWESOME thing!! ;) i also have this theory that people gauge a person's age by height and/or size. i'm 5' 1" and about 96-98 lbs... i just tell people that i'm built low to the ground for speed and accuracy ;p

your daughter is BEAUTIFUL, just like her mama!! ^_^

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)