Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

No One Believes My Daughter Is Mine!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I just had my Daughter, Rhylee Jessa, Sept 17 (she was 6 weeks early, born 3lbs 15.4oz) but people are ALWAYS asking me who's baby and then when I tell them mine I get dirty looks!!! When I was pregnant, I would get dirty looks. Or when I walk around with her and someone sees her move they come RUNNING (literally) over and say OMG I THOUGHT YOU WERE CARRYING A DOLL. Then proceed to ask me questions like 'Are you old enough to have a baby?'  'You look like you are 12, 14, 15, 16...' Like people are really RUDE!! I was even with a friend in a store and a lady comes running over asking my friend all these questions about MY baby, I would answer and then finally my friend goes, 'you have to ask her she is her mom.' The lady goes 'OMG she is YOUR baby??' Like why is it such a shock?? She looks JUST like me...and has my nose (although now she is starting to look a lot like Daddy) Oh and I love the whole you have your baby dressed ALL in pink with a pretty bow and still get asked...'is it a boy or girl??' REALLY?? Rhylee will be 4 months I will post a picture..guess my age :)

****UPDATE*****

So I commented on my post the answer. I will be 30 in April. My Husband and I are actually a day apart (He will be 30 as well) I am also very short, 4ft 10.25in and just 96lbs. It doesn't make me so mad that people think I am really young...it's that they don't think my Daughter is mine. lol

This is when she was 12 days old :D 

Rhylee at almost 4 months old :D 

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Replies (81-90):
babywannabe242
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:54 PM

who cares what people think, just keep your head high

Cubanmom84
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I honestly did not read a word you wrote... I was distracted by how freaking cute your daughter is..lol sorry

MsMimna
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

People can be rude and not even realize it...just let it roll off your back. When I go anywhere with my oldest son...people think we are a couple...lol.....I'm 48 and he is 31.... Yes I was very young.....and it wasn't the ideal situation.....but life happens :)

VanessaCB
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 4:02 PM
You don't look that young in the face. You do look around your age. It's probably because of your veery small frame.
RADmomma
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 4:15 PM
What a cutie!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jjchick75
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I have that problem with my 4 year old because he looks just like his daddy and has his dark skin color(I'm white and hubby is black). I get lots of dirty looks because my kids all look so different and I look younger than I am and people look at me like I am dirty whore when I am out lol. I say whatever, let them think what they want to think lol!

LABELmeCUTE
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

You do look really young,lol but ignore the rude people, I get told all the time that I look 18 or 16... But I'm really 29(:
MaddieLainesMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I have been there before! I had my DD when I was 19 (I looked really young, I had big baby cheeks). She's 6 now and not as many people ask questions. I think people are just curious about babies in general. I still get an occasional comment about "She's so cute!" "Isn't she just precious?!" But definitely not like I did when she was a baby. Just ignore it! and you can always have a little fun with it too! Your DD is adorable!
Schauseil
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this
you don't look that young. You can see your age in the face.
alexis_06
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

omg, your daughter is absolutely beautiful!!!  love the pics with the dog :) so cute!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN