Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

First vacation(honeymoon) without the kids?

Posted by   + Show Post
When was the first vacation you took away from the kids?? I ask because this June I will be getting married and we really wanted to go on a honeymoon. We decide to go on a cruise and of course all the worth while ones are 7 days. I'm having A LOT of anxiety over this between leaving and trying to make the arrangements for her. I am really trying to push for my parents and my future in-laws to stay here with her bc i know my house is all at least soooo much more baby proofed then either of theirs as well as she will sleep hopefully so much better in her crib then at one of their houses. My daughter is 14 month old right now. Is it too early to leave her for 7 days?? Please any advice??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Replies (11-14):
Raveyk
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:49 PM

we are finally planning our honeymoon. We are going to be gone for 6-7days. Our kids are 2yrs old and 4 yrs old

TableforSeven
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:52 PM
DH and I took our first trip (not including our honeymoon.....but we had no children then) for our 8th wedding anniversary. We went away for a weekend to a resort only about an hour from home...MIL stayed at our house with the kids who were 7, 3 and 7months at the time.
The first time we went away for a long, and far away, trip was for our 19th wedding anniversary. The kids stayed ay our house with MIL part of the time and at my father's apartment for part of the time as well. The kids were 18, 14, 11, 8, and 7 at the time.
If you can find someone to babysit your daughter who you trust....and you are comfortable with being far away for so long - go for it.
QueenBee107
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM

I am on my first vacation with my dh without the kids right now as I am typing this. Our kids are 11, 9, and almost 7 yrs old. 

mom2swtboys
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:01 PM
My older boys were 2 & 3 when dh and I went away for the weekend. Left Friday night & came home Sunday night. My inlaws watched them @ our house. That was 3yrs ago... I have yet to leave my 15 month old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)