Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

4.5 year age gap sharing a room?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:49 PM
  • 24 Replies
I am trying to figure out which of my kids should share a room would like some opinions please. My oldest is a 6.5 yr old boy middle is 3.5 yr old girl and youngest is soon to be 2 yr Old boy. Would you put the boys together because they''re boys even though they are 4.5 yrs apart in age or the two youngest boy/ girl because their closer in age? The 6 yr old right now has his own room and my dd kind of has a room although she and my 2 yr old mostly sleep in my room. I would really like to soon get them in there own rooms but can't really decide what makes to most sense! If you think boy/ girl together at what age do you think they need rooms of their own?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bebe_ju-rah
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd probably put the 2 boys together or the 2 youngest together.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Hannah on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I think that would work. My girls are 4 years apart and they shared a bedroom until this summer when we finally moved to a house with enough bedrooms for everyone to have their own.

mommy5912
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:52 PM
two boys
KMAsMommy9182
by Toujours Raison on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Put the boys together.  They are too young for the age gap to matter and once they are, the oldest one should be headed off to college anyway.

Momyplease
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:54 PM
I would put the kids sharing room age appropriately.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pooobaihr
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I'd put the two youngest together.

TS9509
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:54 PM
I would put the boys together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alyssasmommy412
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I know in some states (not that anyone would know) by a certain age different gender children can't share a room. I don't know what to tell you because I wouldn't want my boy/girl sharing a room, but it would be hard for the 6.5 year old who has had his own room to share with his brother who is so much younger. 

bunnywzrd
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:58 PM

my daughters are 4.5 years apart and they share a room just fine. They even have their own rooms but choose to share the one. The other bedroom is used as a toy room for now. I would think that when they get older they may want their own rooms but you never know they may want to keep on sharing. Me and my brother were 6 years apart and shared a room until I turned 14. Two boys can share a room till they move out. It would be a little more uncomfortable for a boy and a girl to share a room through their teen years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)