Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

4.5 year age gap sharing a room?

Posted by   + Show Post
I am trying to figure out which of my kids should share a room would like some opinions please. My oldest is a 6.5 yr old boy middle is 3.5 yr old girl and youngest is soon to be 2 yr Old boy. Would you put the boys together because they''re boys even though they are 4.5 yrs apart in age or the two youngest boy/ girl because their closer in age? The 6 yr old right now has his own room and my dd kind of has a room although she and my 2 yr old mostly sleep in my room. I would really like to soon get them in there own rooms but can't really decide what makes to most sense! If you think boy/ girl together at what age do you think they need rooms of their own?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Replies (11-20):
Sunshine2plus2
by Sunshine on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Boys together! My girls are together ages 11 and 3. My boys are together ages 15 and 9. We have never had a problem!

babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:04 PM
That is one of my concerns how to tell my oldest and what to do with all his big boy toys! :/

Quoting Alyssasmommy412:

I know in some states (not that anyone would know) by a certain age different gender children can't share a room. I don't know what to tell you because I wouldn't want my boy/girl sharing a room, but it would be hard for the 6.5 year old who has had his own room to share with his brother who is so much younger. 

babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:05 PM
How do you deal with the younger getting into the older ones stuff?

Quoting Sunshine2plus2:

Boys together! My girls are together ages 11 and 3. My boys are together ages 15 and 9. We have never had a problem!

ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:06 PM
The boys should share a room.
Sunshine2plus2
by Sunshine on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:16 PM

They never really do. Its never been an issue for us.

Quoting babyspots17:

How do you deal with the younger getting into the older ones stuff?

Quoting Sunshine2plus2:

Aandie
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:19 PM
I would put the younger ones in a room for now. In my state I think you cannot have b/g share a room after one is 5yrs old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wifeofvet
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Whatever works best for you.
legobaby
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:42 PM
I would put the boys together probably because once the baby is old enough to be sleeping in that room, the older child would be more mature to not wake him, etc. I could see the two really little ones keeping each other awake and the preschooler climbing in the baby's crib, etc.
lmjess
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:45 PM

My boys shared a room together for almost 2 years. They are 6 years apart. My oldest was 7/ youngest was 1. They loved it!

We seperated them when the baby started getting out of his crib because we were worried he'd hurt himself climbing my older son's bunk bed.

a06z08mama
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:45 PM
State laws deal more with Foster, adoption or if you are currently dealing with CPS or DFS.

If not for the above. Then talk to your older boy and explain things. Why have the youngest share a room then have to separate them in a couple years? My kids share a room with bunk beds. Its b/g situation. But they have bunk beds. And I've been weaning them of my bed! Lol.

Its up to you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)