Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Just did my taxes

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:21 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

I didnt fiile or anything but since dh and I are self employed I have what i need to file.  I just did my first draft.  Always do several drafts befor i file.  My tax return is looking better than I expected  I might see a $2000 return.

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Yay for getting money instead of paying!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kitchen.ninja
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:30 PM
My dh has to wait for 3 or 4 w2 things...whatever they are called.

That is awesome it's a better return than expected.

Off topic, did you see the Christmas special for Doctor Who?
Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Quoting babyspots17:

Yay for getting money instead of paying!

Way better than paying thats for sure.   Hopefully i can get thru this season without another Audit 

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

Of course   i saw it  lol   I watched right after the finale of Merlin.   I'm really liking this new companion  even tho i miss AMY  lol

kitchen.ninja
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:33 PM
The Oswin storyline certainly is off to a interesting start.

Quoting Msgme:

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

Of course   i saw it  lol   I watched right after the finale of Merlin.   I'm really liking this new companion  even tho i miss AMY  lol

XxPixiesworldxX
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I am also self employed, and always used H&R block because I was worried I would do it wrong and not get the return I should. This year though I was urged by a few cafemomers, to try out Turbo tax and it was really alot easier than I expected and with it I should see a $4000 return, thats with owning a business I run from my home, having 2 children, and paying $1400 in to taxes, plus the $99 for the turbotax fee. TOTALLY worth it considering I would have paid H&R block $900ish to do the same thing.

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Quoting XxPixiesworldxX:

I am also self employed, and always used H&R block because I was worried I would do it wrong and not get the return I should. This year though I was urged by a few cafemomers, to try out Turbo tax and it was really alot easier than I expected and with it I should see a $4000 return, thats with owning a business I run from my home, having 2 children, and paying $1400 in to taxes, plus the $99 for the turbotax fee. TOTALLY worth it considering I would have paid H&R block $900ish to do the same thing.

The only thing i really  liked about H&R even tho they c harged well over $400 was the stand by me during an audit.  I've been audited 3 times when I didnt use them.  Not once whiile i did use them.  But every year I've when i do it thru H&R l always did it myself to see if i came up with the same number nad sure enough I did.  So i'm not paying H&R this year.   

JennyCaps
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:40 PM
We just have to wait for the USMC to release dh's w-2 then we file. And since a lot of our income isn't taxable we get a lot back since it looks like we make nothing. It irks me when people bash those who get a lot back. We can't help it... if his stuff isn't taxable and not considered income than it is what it is. We atleast put it all into savings. Sorry mini rant done :)
ashmac03
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:41 PM

It's always better to get money back instead of paying!  I heard that people won't be able to actually file though until early to mid February since the IRS has to make changes to the forms since the vote on the fiscal cliff came so late.  

DakotaHaley
by Crystal on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:41 PM

That's awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN