Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

would you.wear a sterling silver/cubic zerconia wedding ring?

Posted by   + Show Post
I.have been looking online at beautiful sterling silver/cubic zerconia wedding ring.sets and they are beautiful and cheap!.they look like they cost several thousands of dollars and most are like 30.00. would you wear it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Replies (111-120):
mysticalmalissa
by Malissa on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:44 PM

I just added this set to my wish list on amazon! lol 

I lost almost all of my "real" jewelry in a house fire. I have no interest in paying a fortune for it again. Sterling is my favorite metal for jewelry anyway. 

Do you have any pics of you wearing it? I'm a bit worried the setting is to high.

Quoting LoriAnn87:

Quoting supermom0609:

Thats like the style im looking at

Quoting LoriAnn87:

yes and i have bridal set that i only paid 40.00 from amazon but my real set was resize after being cut off and was too big. i was afaird of losing it. this is the ring i got.

amazon has some really nice jewelry

LoriAnn87
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

I just added this set to my wish list on amazon! lol 

I lost almost all of my "real" jewelry in a house fire. I have no interest in paying a fortune for it again. Sterling is my favorite metal for jewelry anyway. 

Do you have any pics of you wearing it? I'm a bit worried the setting is to high.

Quoting LoriAnn87:

Quoting supermom0609:

Thats like the style im looking at

Quoting LoriAnn87:

yes and i have bridal set that i only paid 40.00 from amazon but my real set was resize after being cut off and was too big. i was afaird of losing it. this is the ring i got.

amazon has some really nice jewelry

no sorry my fingers are swollen because of me being pregnant and my rings don't fit. i love ring because it fit jsut ring and it doesn't sit too high. i have got another jewelry from amazon.

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:56 PM
I don't like diamonds so that wouldn't bother me. I own several rings like this for fun jewelry. Honestly though, because they are inexpensive the quality isn't great. The glass stones aren't cut well and the settings can be a little loose. Also, the SS tarnishes easily. I'd personally go with something like white gold and a lab diamond. Or something from a pawn or antique shop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjbennett26
by ♥Kate♥ on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:58 PM
No I wouldnt
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:59 PM
No... I'm sensitive to metals. I would break out into a horrible rash. I wore a sterling silver necklace a few different times to test and every time i looked like i'd been strangled, lol. Same for a ring I tried to wear.
I do have a titanium ring though and it doesn't irritate my skin at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GaleJ
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:14 AM

I would not wear it, I don't wear any wedding ring anymore. We had gold bands when we married, wide ones, and I stopped wearing mine when my son was born because with all the hand washing one does with a newborn my skin started to crack under the ring because I could never keep the skin dry under the ring. I became so unaccustomed that I couldn't go back to wearing it. Now I only wear colorful gem stone rings to match what I'm wearing when we go out because I have never cared for colorless gem stones like diamond or clear zirconia.

Carmel63
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:15 AM

No I would not want it for a engagement ring.  I wear little jewelry, but it has to be of high quality.  I would be insulted to receive a $30.00 ring.  

sam12796
by Sandy on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Depends on what it looks like. I would have to see a picture to say for sure.

Basherte
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:29 AM

I wouldn't wear it. Mainly because I don't like diamonds. 

When my husband and me get rings I want them to be as individual as we are. I should say when or If. I'm not a jewelry person.

LuvMommysBabies
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Yea, i don't care about that its the person who i'm marrying that i love not the jewlery
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)