Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

would you.wear a sterling silver/cubic zerconia wedding ring?

Posted by   + Show Post
I.have been looking online at beautiful sterling silver/cubic zerconia wedding ring.sets and they are beautiful and cheap!.they look like they cost several thousands of dollars and most are like 30.00. would you wear it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Replies (41-50):
Aivlys_
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM
No, I wouldn't .But I wouldn't care if you or anyone else wears them...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LILTIGERS
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:09 PM
as long as doesnt turn my fingers green id wear it
shjchica
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I wouldn't wear the silver because I'm allergic to it. The CZ I could care less about. Not a huge fan of diamonds but my DH insisted I get a real diamond so I got one that is like 1/8th of a carrat (hell could be less) and my wedding band has very tiny channel set diamonds in it...I think all together I have 1/4 of diamonds between the two rings...if my math is right.

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Quoting supermom0609:

Well we cant afford the real thing

Quoting mich.el.le:

That depends. Am I getting a cz ring because my future husband is selfish with his money, or because he either can't afford a real one or is very giving and doesn't see the point in expensive material posessions? And, is it going to turn my finger green?  

Then go for it. :) It wouldn't bother me any to have a fake ring.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:25 PM

No, my husband wouldnt get me fake anything

LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine is small too, 1/2 caret in white gold. My husband refused to get a fake diamond. He suggested an upgrade later but I wont want one (nor accept one). The ring he gave me initially is the one I will die in be it bubble gun, tin foil, or diamond

Quoting shjchica:

I wouldn't wear the silver because I'm allergic to it. The CZ I could care less about. Not a huge fan of diamonds but my DH insisted I get a real diamond so I got one that is like 1/8th of a carrat (hell could be less) and my wedding band has very tiny channel set diamonds in it...I think all together I have 1/4 of diamonds between the two rings...if my math is right.

momma-flynn
by ♥Gee Willickers♥ on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:29 PM
It would depend on if I like how it looks
sugareemommee
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:29 PM
I lost my 14 k white gold band in the bay. I have a sterling band for now.

So, yes, I would -- and I do.
3boysmommaNY
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:32 PM

My husband would say no. He likes real diamonds, real (white) gold, real jewels etc. I found a ring that was c.z. and I LOVE how it looked, but he didn't want me to get it because he thought it was 'cheap'. I don't mind though. If you like it, then wear it! :)

ACsLady
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I would. I'm a silver kind of girl and, while I appreciate the time and thought my hubby put into buying me a diamond engagement ring, I don't need diamonds themselves to feel special. For me, it really is the thought that counts. I care more about the meaning behind the ring than the price tag.

My diamond ring means a lot to me because my hubby quietly saved up for it, took the time to shop around and find a great quality diamond for a fair price (didn't just blow a bunch of money for the sake of it...he shopped smart), and he hand picked the diamonds after doing research to find out what was good quality and not, what shapes and styles showed them off best, etc.

I'd be just as happy with CZ if he spent the time learning what look and style of ring I like and surprised me with something pretty.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)