Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Once a sex offender always a sex offender?

Posted by   + Show Post
What are your thoughts on this?

My dh's cousin had sex with her 13 year old sons best friend (also 13). She served 3 years, was released, and says she is a completely different person now. She says she knows she was wrong.

I don't understand how she don't know it was wrong before, by now she does. Dh thinks I'm judging her too harshly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Replies (31-40):
twoblues
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:46 PM
I wouldn't take the chance. She would never be alone with my kids. Ever. My DH suffers from the same "defend your family no matter what" syndrome as well. It's truly tiresome.

Stand your ground.
Rain2Rinse
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:58 PM
My problem is that he didn't lie about his age. He was her son's best friend. She KNEW, and she did it 3x. The entire thing disgusts me, and I would never be comfortable leaving y children around her. :(

Quoting GUTTADABOSSLADI:

Well to be honest only time will tell, but give her a chance to prove herself. I know a girl who is a sex offender, but the boy lied about his age; he looked older and she hasn't done anything like this since. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i_lovedyoufirst
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Ask your dh would he feel so differently had it been a 30 something year old MAN with a little girl?!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:02 PM
I have personal experience in my life enough to say no. People change.
But would I trust any completely around my kids? No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marinewife55
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:03 PM
I work with juvenile sex offenders and I definitely do not agree with that statement when it comes to them...but adults, I just don't know, don't have much sympathy for adults
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
davnrori
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I guess it depends on how old they are. A 17yo who has sex with a 14yo...I understand why it's wrong but I don't think it's that big of a deal if they were both consenting. A 30yo who has sex with a young teen is an entirely different story, even the teen consented.

la_bella_vita
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Most likely, they will always be. I think it's a super rare thing they change.

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:48 PM
I agree.

Quoting Refurbished:

I still wouldn't want her around my kids.  At best, she has some impulse control problems, at worst she's a pedophile. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Yeah, that's pretty sick :( I wouldn't want to be around her myself. I wouldn't be able to control my mouth.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

My problem is that he didn't lie about his age. He was her son's best friend. She KNEW, and she did it 3x. The entire thing disgusts me, and I would never be comfortable leaving y children around her. :(

Quoting GUTTADABOSSLADI:

Well to be honest only time will tell, but give her a chance to prove herself. I know a girl who is a sex offender, but the boy lied about his age; he looked older and she hasn't done anything like this since. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GUTTADABOSSLADI
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't leave my kids with her and 3 times I guess her story was like the lady from lifetime who got pregnant with one of her students kids. These women need to leave these young boys alone. I have two son now I have to worry more. I teach my boys about sex offenders and predators because it's a lot  of them around here.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Quoting GUTTADABOSSLADI:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN