Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Once a sex offender always a sex offender?

Posted by   + Show Post
What are your thoughts on this?

My dh's cousin had sex with her 13 year old sons best friend (also 13). She served 3 years, was released, and says she is a completely different person now. She says she knows she was wrong.

I don't understand how she don't know it was wrong before, by now she does. Dh thinks I'm judging her too harshly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Replies (51-60):
fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Nope once a sex offender NOT always a sex offender. 

ArisMom208
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:36 PM

It depends on the situation. Like the person your talking about, i wouldnt trust to find out however my best friend had sex with a 16 year old when he was 18, and they got him. Hes now a "registered sex offender" 

They were dating, and in love and it wasnt forced.

hes an amazing guy and i trust him alone with my kids.

nickysmom71
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:28 PM

I am assuming she was 21 or older (having a 13 y/o)...yeah, that's fucking gross.  

momto2crazykids
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:40 PM

i agree she will do it again

pasteeater
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:34 PM
If she has a 13 yr old son she must be.

I think it's gross and wrong. I don't think they change either. History has shown me that.

Quoting nickysmom71:

I am assuming she was 21 or older (having a 13 y/o)...yeah, that's fucking gross.  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Idk. I think in her case it's possible. It's the ones who seek out minors, and abuse them for years and years. Those ones are never cured. I think statutory rape is much different.

dobrd
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Rain2Rinse, You are right in your thoughts on this.. Predetors are just that.. They don't change because they say so.. She say it due to she got caught.. She'll bide her time, but, WILL be doing it again.. Your DH is totally wrong.. The only way she means she's different is she will be more careful w/her sickness in the future.. Take Care, Donna....

CreamCheeze
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Quoting taniamorse85:

Based on personal experience (my father is a SO; no, I was not one of his victims), I don't believe sex offenders are likely to change.  Also, sex offenders tend to have exceptionally high recidivism rates compared to other types of criminals.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/238060.pdf

HippieMomma08
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:14 PM
I feel like if this were a grown man having sex with his 13 year old daughter's friends people would be calling for castration. Either way its pedophelia and having been a victim myself - NO, I don't believe it's something you can be rehabilitated from.

There is something wrong in a person's brain that causes them to be attracted to little children, and jail can't fix that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WendyJR
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:23 PM
It is my personal belief from working with juvenile sex offenders that you cannot fully rehabilitate a sex offender. I wouldn't trust her or any other offender again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN