Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

VENTING

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:21 PM
  • 35 Replies

If you were picking your child up from an after school activity and it was cold and dark outside.  And her best friend was leaving school at the same time and you were going about 3 minutes from where the friend lived. and the friend would have to take a bus and subway home.  would you offer the friend a ride home???

I would--  however my dd's best friends dad did not.    Granted its not his responsibility to give my kid a ride. He is under no obligation to give her a ride. unless of course his kid wants something from me then he's all for giving her a ride.  and I knew when she was applying for this school that she would be coming home in the dark during the winter. I don't drive nor do i have a car. and she's perfectly capable of coming home on her own.  but who watches a kid walk to the bus stop in the dark and cold and not offer a ride when your going to pretty much the same area??? 

Vent over

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mary8801
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Unfortunately the world is not full of people who do the right thing, they pretty much care about their own agendas. I have been that mom that would give the other child a ride home but that's just me.

southernbelle07
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:32 PM
I understand your frustration. I would have offered a ride.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raesreppilf
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:34 PM

I would have offered a ride, but maybe he had errands to run and wasn't going home right away.

JessicaEOH
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Maybe call and ask him if you could pay him to drive her home...seems safer.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Quoting Raesreppilf:

I would have offered a ride, but maybe he had errands to run and wasn't going home right away.

Except that I know where he was going. He was taking his daughter straight to karate class which is literally 3 minutes from my house.  It's a 25 minute drive from school to the karate school and I live 3 minutes from the karate school and she has to be at the karate school at seven. They left school at 6.  Hell even a ride to the subway would of been better.  

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Quoting JessicaEOH:

By the tiMe she called to tell me she was at the bus stop and that her friend sain no to a ride it was to late.  

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I would offer the child a ride if we had room and were heading right home.  I have gotten rides when i was going to school from a friends mother even though her car was packed with all her children on rainy icky days otherwise i walked 2 miles home by myself.  This was middle school.  For most of elementary school I walked to school by myself.

See if he would be willing to work out an arrangement like 10 bucks a week to help with gas to bring her home when they both have afterschool activities.

JessicaEOH
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:55 PM
I mean in the future.

Quoting Msgme:

Quoting JessicaEOH:

By the tiMe she called to tell me she was at the bus stop and that her friend sain no to a ride it was to late.  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:56 PM

depends on the age of the child, plus most schools need a note to change transportation./

FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:01 PM
2 moms liked this

He's a jack hole.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)