Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
My youngest son is 15 months, and it seems, to me, that he pee's too much. I change him before we go out somewhere, and within two hours, he has soaked his diaper and his pants are wet. This is almost every time we go somewhere. He drinks his sippy a lot, but I am not sure if he wants it because he is actually thirsty, or if it is more so habit. I am not really sure how to tell the difference. And, he generally has only one full sippy cup while we are gone anyway. I'm not sure how his diaper gets so full. He has his 15 month check up Monday, and I will bring it up to the Dr. But, I was wondering of anyone had any thoughts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
southernbelle07
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:28 PM
I hope so. I have tried the target brand, buggies, and parents choice. I will try pampers and see if that helps any. Thanks.

Quoting dlnimo:

Maybe try a different brand? My girls drink a lot of water all day long and the do go through diapers pretty quickly. The only diapers I haven't had a leakage issue with are the Pampers brand. Hopefully the well visit will provide you with some answers!

Quoting southernbelle07:

Well, I already have him in a size 6, so I'm not sure what else to do.

Quoting dlnimo:

Could be he needs to move up a size in diapers. My twins are 15 months and we just moved them up because of this very reason! They are girls and we use Pampers.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xXSoSincereXx
by Rebecca on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:38 PM

what is it you give him in his sippy

southernbelle07
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Water or watered down apple juice

Quoting xXSoSincereXx:

what is it you give him in his sippy

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoganTroyMom
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:40 PM
bring it up for sure, and if all's well, just give him lots of water if hes thirsty.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:45 PM

WOW  a size 6 for a this young of age?  What is hie weight/height?   I would definitely talk to his doctor about any concerns you have.   Typically a person or animal will need to pee 30 minutes after they drink/eat something.   how many ounces is he getting a day?  If you give hims omething to drink before you leave house, you dont have to worry about him dying of thirst while you are running errands.

adrianasmommy07
by Kristin on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM
15 months and in a size 6? What is the height/weight stats for this baby?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
southernbelle07
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:53 PM
I'm not really concerned about his height & weight. He is definitely a big boy, but his Dr said he is in no way overweight. He is just big. Most people think he is around two because he's so tall & big.

He always wants his sippy. But I'm not sure if he is actually thirsty, or if its more of a habit.

Quoting frndlyfn:

WOW  a size 6 for a this young of age?  What is hie weight/height?   I would definitely talk to his doctor about any concerns you have.   Typically a person or animal will need to pee 30 minutes after they drink/eat something.   how many ounces is he getting a day?  If you give hims omething to drink before you leave house, you dont have to worry about him dying of thirst while you are running errands.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southernbelle07
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:56 PM
He can wear a size four diaper, but he just fills it so quickly.

For example, he is playing with his brother,so he hasn't had a drink. I changed him at 6:01 and it is now 6:55 and his diaper is sagging.

Quoting adrianasmommy07:

15 months and in a size 6? What is the height/weight stats for this baby?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:57 PM

It could just be a habit like it is one of his comfort items.  See how he does without it unless it is meal time.

Quoting southernbelle07:

I'm not really concerned about his height & weight. He is definitely a big boy, but his Dr said he is in no way overweight. He is just big. Most people think he is around two because he's so tall & big.

He always wants his sippy. But I'm not sure if he is actually thirsty, or if its more of a habit.

Quoting frndlyfn:

southernbelle07
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:58 PM
I will try that tomorrow and this weekend. Thanks.

Quoting frndlyfn:

It could just be a habit like it is one of his comfort items.  See how he does without it unless it is meal time.

Quoting southernbelle07:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)