Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
My youngest son is 15 months, and it seems, to me, that he pee's too much. I change him before we go out somewhere, and within two hours, he has soaked his diaper and his pants are wet. This is almost every time we go somewhere. He drinks his sippy a lot, but I am not sure if he wants it because he is actually thirsty, or if it is more so habit. I am not really sure how to tell the difference. And, he generally has only one full sippy cup while we are gone anyway. I'm not sure how his diaper gets so full. He has his 15 month check up Monday, and I will bring it up to the Dr. But, I was wondering of anyone had any thoughts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Replies (21-29):
LoveMyLos
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Dont give a cuppy unless he asks. I stopped giving my dd sippy all day. Now she only gets it for meals and i take one in the car.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:17 PM

is he diabetic?  Thats a sign of it.  Does he have a "fruity" smell?  When my kids sugars are high they smell like juicy fruit gum. 

January1964
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Change diaper brands? I found Huggies to be absorbent. Of course, you need to talk to the dr. Also, your son could try Huggies Overnights during the day.

southernbelle07
I have never noticed a "fruity" smell, but I will definitely start checking.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

is he diabetic?  Thats a sign of it.  Does he have a "fruity" smell?  When my kids sugars are high they smell like juicy fruit gum. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
January1964

Btw, let us know what the dr says.

icn_mom
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Quoting southernbelle07:

But, does two hours with one sippy cup seem like enough to soak a diaper and wet his pants?
I don't know. My older son never did this. We used to drive two hours just to go to my moms house and never had a problem.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

dont fill the cup all the way up.

yes... if the diapers are very absorbant or his diaper size is too small.. I know when I drink an iced coffee on the way to the doctors an hour away from my house, and i drink the whole thing, i get there and have to RUN to the bathroom... my cup of coffee would i imagine be equivilant to a little kid and a sippy cup!! :)

southernbelle07
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:26 PM
I will. Thanks!

Quoting January1964:

Btw, let us know what the dr says.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gr8d8n3mom
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Quoting southernbelle07:

But, does two hours with one sippy cup seem like enough to soak a diaper and wet his pants?
I don't know. My older son never did this. We used to drive two hours just to go to my moms house and never had a problem.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

dont fill the cup all the way up.

It could be the brand or size diapers ? Maybe he doesnt empty his bladder as often as your other child. Some children hold it iwthout ever realizing it.

I know my daughter was telling me some brands of diapers don't hold up as well as others, my grand daughter could just get a diaper change and with in 30 mins it be soaked, she sticks with huggies. Luvs were the worse for her

Mom2Phoenix2011
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:33 PM
An adult should empty their bladder every two hours. So if an adults fully developed bladder empties every two hours then yes of course your child who is well hydrated will fill a diaper and soak through in two hours.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)