Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

looking for advise on a son who is acting to grown

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:53 PM
  • 8 Replies

I live in millville nj and looking for a parenting class. My son turned 9 and we are having some issues with his behavior. He is not a bad kid just his temper is getting a little out of control and i would like to stop it before we have a big problem. I think he sees me as his friend instead of his mother even tho im strick with him for the most part. he has chores and responsiblities he has to do.

My fuse tend to burn out faster now then it did when he was smaller. It could be that im out of work and its been hard. I dont want to take that out on my son. We are all each of us have and i love the relationship we have for the most part. He can come to me and talk to me about anything.

I really could use some advise and if anyone of classes i could go to that would be greatly apprecaited

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bebe_ju-rah
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:55 PM
I don't know of any, sorry. Do you have a dcf? I'd probably start there. GL
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pasteeater
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Ask the school. There is nothing wrong with asking for help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gizzy225
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:59 PM

what is a dcf ?  I really dont know what or how to get my son to stop raising his voice to me and acting out when he is around other kids. seems like when he is around other kids he has to show off, when he knows he will get into trouble. He is fine when its just us, the most sweetest kid you would ever want to know.

Sunshine201
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Im in NJ too! and my son turns nine on Sunday..... we are having a few behavioral issues too... I am hoping this is just a phase, as I have been there done that before....my oldest so is going to be 20 in march.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Look into family counseling maybe or a team building class.  He is old enough to understand that mom is in charge and no disrespect.   What are his consequences when he does act up?

HousewifeNina
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Wow. I am seriously impressed with a mom looking for help. I only wish more moms would do it.
Look up the dept of health and human services in your phonebook (or Google it) . There ARE classes available. If you get a good teacher, it can really help. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gizzy225
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:02 PM

he get grounded for how long depends on what he did. He knows he is wrong and its not right. just is pushing the limits more and more. Im just afraid of losing as he gets older. I would really like to nip in the butt sort of speak.

gizzy225
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:06 PM

I have googled it, millville doesnt seem to have any listed.  Its not that my son it totally out of control, I can see that if i dont get a handle on it now then i will have a problem later on. there isnt anyone else to turn to but me. His father has never been in the picture, I think sometimes he forgets im not his friend im his mother.because we are always together 24/7

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)