Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Little Mo the Rookie

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:03 PM
  • 6 Replies
Hi all. I just joined today and am hoping for support and to be able to be part of a group the helps each other. Right now my newly minted, wonderful husband and I are having major problems with his daughters mom. She is stating I have no say what so ever in anything having to do with my step daughter and has banned me from the good night call. L is only 6 and we love each other very much so I am pretty distressed. Its as if the BM takes her emotions and feelings out on this new relationship with L and I. I don't know what to do. Hubby and I have been together for over 2 years so she knew this was coming. I don't know how we should handle this. Any feedback is appreciated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:06 PM
I've never been in the situation. I know people on here get nasty about step parents. They say they need to back up, and know their roll. Good luck to you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:14 PM

I would just keep the dialog open between all the adults and do what is best for the child.  It can be very confusing for child is every adult as different expectations.  

funhappymom
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Yikes, it sounds like a tough spot to be in. What does your husband think? I'd let him guide you through this. Let him know how you feel and go from there. Good luck.

There is a stepmom group on here:

Stepmom Central

tobysmom103
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:49 AM

welcome to the group

i dont have any step kids, so i dont know if ill be any help to you ,but good luck:)

NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I would say you need to show respect for her bio mom.  Have your husband say, "little mo says good night"

Dont get into a battle of wills with bio mom.  Right or wrong she will always win.  Maybe one day she will see you arent trying to take her place and she will bend. 

Arwyn724
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:19 AM

If the bio-mom isn't willing to include you in the parenting of their children, there isn't much you can do.  It is up to her & your new husband to work out a parenting plan.  All you can do is support your husband's role in child-rearing, but, unfortunately you do not get to make decisions on your own. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN