Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Help!!!! Period Question!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:36 AM
  • 7 Replies

Okay so I am on BC pills have been for awhile now. I always get my period the last couple of days of the month. This month I did not, I took a PT it came back negative. Was it to soon to take it? If I should retake when should I? Should I stop taking my BC pills until I find out for sure? 

Thank you!!!!! I have never had this happen before.

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:41 AM

I would keep taking the pills if the test is negative.  

alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:54 AM

Keep taking the pills or you will end up pregnant. It could be any number of reasons that you are late. Just retest with your first morning urine and then see your OB if you still don't get it.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:55 AM

You are taking your pill every day at the same time right?

JustSabrina2012
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Yeah and I haven't missed a pill yet. I called the Dr and they said that I was more than likely pregnant and to wait 5 days and retest. I don't want to wait lol

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:44 PM

WHAT??? I dare you to poll women who have had late periods and ask how many times they were pregnant.  Ive had dozens of late periods from diet, stress, illness, etc.  Im usually pretty regular.  Only 5 times was it pregnancy, all 5 got positive tests first test. 

Quoting JustSabrina2012:

Yeah and I haven't missed a pill yet. I called the Dr and they said that I was more than likely pregnant and to wait 5 days and retest. I don't want to wait lol

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

JustSabrina2012
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I know thats what i thought too!!! With all 3 of mine it came up positive before I even finished peeing lol. We will see though I think it is just stress and before I started the pill I was irregular every month. 

Quoting NDADanceMom:

WHAT??? I dare you to poll women who have had late periods and ask how many times they were pregnant.  Ive had dozens of late periods from diet, stress, illness, etc.  Im usually pretty regular.  Only 5 times was it pregnancy, all 5 got positive tests first test. 

Quoting JustSabrina2012:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:57 PM

I'd call a doctor first. See what they say.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)