Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Healthy drinks, besides water, for a toddler...

Posted by   + Show Post
My son doesn't like water. He'll drink a little from my cups here and there, but out of his own cups, that's a no-go. I've even tried just giving him water and nothing else, thinking if he got thirsty enough, he'd drink it. Nope. After 2 days, about 8 sips of water and about 3 barely wet diapers, I caved and gave him his diluted Gatorade. lol, I water down ALL of his juice. He mostly drinks Gatorade and water. A couple times a month, I give him about 2 oz of apple juice, super diluted, but that gives him the runs. I really wanna break him of this no-water stuff because that's mostly all we drink around here and I know juices aren't great for him all the time. Help me, please!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Replies (31-40):
mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

what about getting a juicer and making your own?

CamMa
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:24 AM
I actually used to put strawberries and lemon in water and let it sit and he seemed to like that. I had completely forgotten. Thank you.

Quoting beadingmom17:

Have you tried putting, like, a little lemon juice in the water? I get tired of plain water, so I throw some lemon in it. You can also let cucumbers, sliced up, sit in water overnight and flavor it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
naomishere
by naomi michelle on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:28 AM
2 moms liked this
Gatorade is actually bad for toddlers it messes with there electrolytes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CamMa
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:28 AM
I've been looking for juicers. But the only cheap ones I've found were citrus only ones and I can't drop a couple hundred dollars on one that does everything right now.

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

what about getting a juicer and making your own?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:28 AM
I give my girls one juice box a day. The tiny ones, I think they're 4 ounces. My 2 year old drinks the water boxes. They are flavored with a splash of juice. They're by Hansen's and they're organic. Other than that they drink water.

If we're at a party, I allow them one cup of soda. I give them about 3 ounces of that but then it's water for the rest of the night.
CamMa
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Thanks..

Quoting naomishere:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarahb21
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, Gatorade definitely isn't the way to go. It's loaded with shit.

Give him 100% juice watered down. Give him water with a small squirt of Mio in it.

Bitemebetty
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Try making your own flavor water with fruit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CamMa
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:30 AM
I have never seen these water boxes or pouches! I need these things!!

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

I give my girls one juice box a day. The tiny ones, I think they're 4 ounces. My 2 year old drinks the water boxes. They are flavored with a splash of juice. They're by Hansen's and they're organic. Other than that they drink water.

If we're at a party, I allow them one cup of soda. I give them about 3 ounces of that but then it's water for the rest of the night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Yeah the pediatrician told me to give them some only after they've had diarrhea. Also, I believe there's something in it that can weaken your enamel so, OP be careful with his teeth.

Quoting naomishere:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN