Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

So frustrated with dh

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:33 AM
  • 13 Replies
We had been discussing what birth control I would choose after the baby is born. I was all set to get my tubes tied since I know I am done having babies. I think 3 is a perfect number for us. Well, after reading more about the risks associated with it, I wasn't as comfortable with getting a tubal so dh said he would get a vasectomy.

At my appointment last week with my OB, the topic of birth control was brought up again. Dh has now decided he doesn't want to get a vasectomy. He thinks he would like us to have one more baby sometime in the future. My dr basically told us that both procedures have risks, one isn't safer than the other, etc. I was kinda pissed when we left.

At my next appointment I will sign all the paperwork to have a tubal ligation after the baby is born. Dr said I don't have to get it done, I can change my mind at any time, but it's good to have the paperwork done just in case.

I really don't want to get my tubes tied. I need to find something else. I've had the Mirena and I hated it - I don't want another IUD. I've been on the pill but I can never remember to take it. What form of birth control would you recommend? I need some help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babiegurl47
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:34 AM
I had the depo shot and had no issues.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Depo is evil very very evil

Quoting babiegurl47:

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:38 AM
I'm going back on implonon in three weeks. It goes in your arm and is good for three years. It's similar to the repo shot without all the problems with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kagegirl
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Have you thought about essure?

MeghanPerez
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:43 AM
I did until I read the horror stories here. I have the worst luck. If something has a negative side effect, I get it. Lol

Quoting kagegirl:

Have you thought about essure?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babiegurl47
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:46 AM
It's the only thing that worked for me. Mirena made me feel like death. I couldn't stand that.

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

Depo is evil very very evil

Quoting babiegurl47:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:23 AM
We use condoms. I didn't want to get my tubes tide. He chicken out about the vasectomy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ninjascreenname
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:25 AM
I used the patch, I recommend it. :)
starbuckmom03
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:39 AM

We have used natural family planning and condoms and until last summer, we were doing great.  9yrs of successully avoiding except when we wanted a baby.  We ended up pregnant using a condom. 

After reading about Tubal ligation syndrome, I won't touch that at all.  I told dh he needed to get snipped.  He hasn't said yes or no. 

About the tubal ligation syndrome.  I told my OB about it.  She says that she cuts just the tubes.  Not the blood supply too.  So  I wonder if that makes a difference.  Cutting the blook supply causes all the issues?  I need to some more research and ask questions.  I have till the 15th of February, my c/section date, to figure out if I want to do this or not.  Probably not!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)