Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Weird and inappropriate or not?

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:21 PM
  • 112 Replies
Dh and I have a friend that recently divorced. He has a 2 yr old son that he has every weekend and some weekdays certain times of the year. We were at his house for New Years and he told me that his son doesn't really have any kids to play with and he would love it if I came over with my kids so his son could play with them. There would be a lot of times where I'd be there alone with him and the kids because of dh's work schedule. Is it inappropriate for a married woman to hang out alone with a divorced guy? I think it's a little weird and my mother thinks its a horrible idea and very inappropriate.
Dh doesn't care and thinks the kids would have a great time. What do you think? Personally I'd rather only go if dh could come too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ebbierowe
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM
3 moms liked this
Why don't you just meet someplace that isn't his house. Or just have his kid come to your house. If it makes you uncomfortable then don't do it.

Personally I don't thinl its a big deal...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:26 PM
He would never want to play anywhere buy his house. He has crohns disease and wants to be near a bathroom at all times, just in case.

Quoting ebbierowe:

Why don't you just meet someplace that isn't his house. Or just have his kid come to your house. If it makes you uncomfortable then don't do it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I think it is fine.  He is friends with you both and the children like to play together so no big deal.

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:29 PM
He is a really nice guy and a good friend. He is fun to hang our with. Maybe it's just my moms uptight attitude that's making me feel its weird? Lol. He has this awesome play room, the kids would love it.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I think it is fine.  He is friends with you both and the children like to play together so no big deal.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ebbierowe
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I have crohn's disease and go places all the time, but that is neither here nor there.

If he wants the kids to play then he can drop his son at his place or you can drop your kids there, if you are uncomfortable.

how long as he been diagnosed? is his crohn's not under control? I only ask because I have had it for over 20 years and the only times I didn't go places was when I was in pain from a flare up. but being that I am a mommy maybe that made it it different

Quoting norahsmommy:

He would never want to play anywhere buy his house. He has crohns disease and wants to be near a bathroom at all times, just in case.

Quoting ebbierowe:

Kmary
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

It would be fine in my marriage, but everyone's is different.  My take is if your dh is fine with it (and it sounds like he is) then I don't see the big deal.  Our parents are old-fashioned, it's ok.  But it doesn't mean you have to be, if you and dh are on the same page.

slayerslegacy
by Shakespeare on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:33 PM
9 moms liked this
I wonder when we'll move past the idea that women and men can't hang out without anything inappropriate going on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:34 PM

*I* don't know if I would like that. :/

Mommavieve
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Is he in the middle if a flare up?

Quoting norahsmommy:

Quoting ebbierowe:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sarah824
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:36 PM
3 moms liked this

I think it is weird that you are concerned about this. What is wrong with a man and a woman letting their kids have a playdate? You wouldn't even think twice if it was another woman asking, would you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN