Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

breastfeeding questions

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:36 PM
  • 38 Replies
Ok so i have a while to go yet but my goal is to breastfeed the baby im currently pregnant with(im 10 wks). im hoping to just mainly breastfeed not have to pump much except when dh wants to feed the baby or i go somewhere. does it get weird a baby sucking on you when they get not so newborn anymore? And what do you do.if your out for a few hours and you.dont want to bf in public?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Never was weird for me.   You need to separate the sexual act from the biological act of feeding a baby.  Breastfeeding can release the feel good hormones in a mothers body.   Each person is different so no one can tell you how you feel when the baby is born and running errands.  I always searched out the family rooms in stores and at mall there is a family room for nursing mothers.

Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:40 PM
2 moms liked this

It may, but you get use to the changes as they change... Its not over night. If you are uncomfortable nursing in public see if they have a nursing room, or go in the bathroom or somewhere you feel comfortable being to nurse, or pump ahead of time and take the milk in bottles in a cooler.

Good luck!!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
supermom0609
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:43 PM
I thought of that but wouldnt the milk be cold...yikes!

Quoting Ladybugmama86:

It may, but you get use to the changes as they change... Its not over night. If you are uncomfortable nursing in public see if they have a nursing room, or go in the bathroom or somewhere you feel comfortable being to nurse, or pump ahead of time and take the milk in bottles in a cooler.

Good luck!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermom0609
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:44 PM
I didnt mean sexually i just meant its.one thing for a itty bitty newborn to nurse but when they get teeth?.lol idk

Quoting frndlyfn:

Never was weird for me.   You need to separate the sexual act from the biological act of feeding a baby.  Breastfeeding can release the feel good hormones in a mothers body.   Each person is different so no one can tell you how you feel when the baby is born and running errands.  I always searched out the family rooms in stores and at mall there is a family room for nursing mothers.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

beastmilk will stay good at room tempature for up to 10 hours... When I was watching a baby I would take the milk out of the fridge when we left and by the time she needed it in a couple hours it was warm.

Quoting supermom0609:

Quoting Ladybugmama86:

Good luck!!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I never had a problem with it. And I'd nurse the baby, run my errands and be back home before the next feeding. No problems for me there...Good Luck.  

supermom0609
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow i didnt know it wouldnt spoil so.if i were gonna be gone say 4 hrs i.could pack 2 bottles pumped and im good to go dont have to bf in public cuz i.cant do that

Quoting Ladybugmama86:

beastmilk will stay good at room tempature for up to 10 hours... When I was watching a baby I would take the milk out of the fridge when we left and by the time she needed it in a couple hours it was warm.

Quoting supermom0609:

Quoting Ladybugmama86:

Good luck!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermom0609
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:46 PM
I like to get out with my mom for a "girls day" ever now and then

Quoting lil_mama06:

I never had a problem with it. And I'd nurse the baby, run my errands and be back home before the next feeding. No problems for me there...Good Luck.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this

oh ok.  You just teach them how not to bite when eating.   Some babies are born with teeth.  When/if they start "chewing"you know they are no longer are hungry and need to disengage their mouth.

Quoting supermom0609:

I didnt mean sexually i just meant its.one thing for a itty bitty newborn to nurse but when they get teeth?.lol idk

Quoting frndlyfn:

Anonymous2u
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:48 PM
I use a tent! Its very private and easy to use. My ds is almost 8 mths and my only complaint is when I'm out I have to sit down to feed him cuz hes heavy! Its not weird at all. Good luck mama
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN