Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

she wants an Abortion help update in red

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:40 AM
  • 39 Replies

Ok here is the deal, my friend just found out that she is prego, this will be baby number 2. The problem is the baby is not her husband it's her boss.

From what I was told they had an office party a few months ago and after everyone had gone home it was just her and her boss. Well like they said one thing lead to another and they ended up sleeping together. He is married too and now not only is the bosses wife expecting so is my friend. She has not told him but came to me for support it's hard because I don't believe in abortion but I also feel it is the women's choice so how do I help her, I know she is in a hard place any advice before she gose through with it?

Update: Ok so my friend came clean with her husband and told him what happen she also told her boss, well her boss just told her she needs to do what she needs to do and gave her some time off no he is not going to fire her. Her husband moved out for some time and now he is back he is trying to forgive her and wants to make it work so they plan on giving the baby up to some family back east who cant have any kids.

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kels1023
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I would just be supportive, even if you don't believe in what she's doing.  But I would also advice her to seek counseling from the place she is getting the abortion.  I had an abortion when I was 17, and I didn't talk to anyone about it before hand and I had a really hard time coping with it.  I found out I was pregnant in September, and I almost got an abortion this time too, but I talked to a councelor at one of the clinics around here, and it helped me come to the decision of keeping my baby.  It's also good to talk about it first, so you know it's really what you want to do.  But if it is what you want to do, just be there for her. It's an incredibly emotional experience. 

Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this
You need to find new friends. Why would you even speak to someone so morally bankrupt?
I would tell her husband and the bosses wife...What a nasty slut.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AC9808
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:46 AM
2 moms liked this
her and her boss made the decision to do it so why should the baby be punished for its life over their stupidity
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shyone_91786
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:48 AM

I had a friend who had one and the only thing you can do is be there for her

jlelliott76
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Well, I guess they got themselves in a pickle didn't they! I am completely against abortion so I can't help you there. Especially under those circumstances. That is a choice she will have to make and ultimately live with.

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:50 AM
2 moms liked this

Just be there for her. I gotta say I don't blame her for wanting what she wants. They were both idiots, but a baby between them will destroy both of their families. It's a HORRID SITUATION.  

baebear
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Well no I am truly suprised because this is not like her heck she was still a vergin when she got married. she is always on the stright and nerrow so when she told me this i fell out, I know I know you truly don't know anyone and everyone one even the shy one has a dark side but I am going to be there for her no matter what her desicion is.

Quoting Paperfishies:

You need to find new friends. Why would you even speak to someone so morally bankrupt?

baebear
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Yes your right my heart is breaking for her.

Quoting jlelliott76:

Well, I guess they got themselves in a pickle didn't they! I am completely against abortion so I can't help you there. Especially under those circumstances. That is a choice she will have to make and ultimately live with.

Ciaodarlings
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Geez, what a horrible situation to be in. In my opinion, she needs to be an adult and handle the consequences of her actions. She didn't HAVE to sleep with him. An abortion doesn't negate the fact that she opened up her legs to her boss.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:44 AM

You let her do what she wants and be supportive of whatever choice she makes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)